Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 years and still flying

10 years and still flying

On August 24th 1999 did Don Mappin open the doors to this forum. Within 2 days had the number of members reached 50, some still active.

TrekRPGNet itself, as an independent repository for Star Trek roleplaying material, was created the year before. The site itself will become 11 year old in just 10 days.

A lot of years in the rear mirror

with hopefully many more to come. We maybe a rare breed, but as long as we keep enticing others to join us, there is still hope.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Wow. I've been here for a bigger chunk of the site's history than I thought....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Cool. Maybe someday we'll have a new RPG to talk about.

But which rules would it be in?

Something like ICON or CODA?
    "Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise, Under Captain Kirk.
    Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse."
    Star Trekkin' by The Firm.

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    Wow. I've been here for a bigger chunk of the site's history than I thought....
    Same here. I never realized that I joined this site exactly two years after its creation.
    Seems so far away now.... (it was a time when I could game with my friends every two weeks, not every two years because of babies, moving around, and RPG-unfriendly wives like now).

Anyway, here's hoping for many more years to come.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Nice thing to notice. Nice touch to the Icon as well, Magnus.

I have been a member for a long time as well, although I have a hiatus in my background, as I was cut off from the internet for quite a while in between.

This forum is a place I regularly visit, even if I have to cut down on my internet time!

I hope we altogether have a happy future in front of us, making even more history.

Thanks again to Magnus on this special occasion, for stepping up and keeping the forum active, when Don decided it was time for him to let go.

I may be a late comer, but I for one am very glad this site exists.

Sure, I only run the Coda rules, but there is a treasure trove of material here for all the various incarnations of Trek RPG that have enhanced my Coda based games. I hope this site continues for many years to come.

Happy 10th anniversary, TrekRPGnet!
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Thank You

Wow, we've been at this a while.

Don; Thanks for starting a wonderful place to visit.
    Magnus; Thanks for keeping her going.
    To the other Members and Moderators; Thank you for keeping the peace and sharing of ideas. Sometimes this place feels like a second family to me.

Happy 10th!

So, who brought the cake?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

It's sure a lot more quiet than it was in the day, but there's still a lot of nice folks round here still!

Cheers to everyone past present and future for the site!
    Ta Muchly

Yep, we're still here although apparently there's no interest in a Star Trek RPG
    Happy 10th Birthday, Trek-RPG

Thumbs up

Happy Anniversary!

To make sure the site stays up for another decade and more I have come up with an idea that might be of interest to the mods. But I would like to discuss this in private first, with some of the mods an the admins.

Best regards, Storm of the Outer Void

Would be nice if there was one, but let's be honest, Star Trek and RPG's havea hada mixed history at best. Doesn't help the last creator of one had severe embezzlement problems
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Wow. I had just spontaneously remembered this place and decided to see if it was still around. Apparrently the last time I had been here was about 3 and a half years ago.

I remember those old days of posting about the Icon system. I never did really get into Coda, though. I have all the books, but unlike the Icon version I never ran it.

I used Icon to run a space pirate game in a non-Trek universe. I had been thinking of reviving that old setting when Rogue Trader comes out. In terms of Trek, I haven't been terribly interested in RPGs of late. However, I did pick up an "All Good Things" Enterprise D toy which looks killer.
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

Talking Neat!

Christ on a stick I feel old!

Pure randomness in that I swung by a site that listed that this week was the 10 year anniversary. I think it's pretty awesome that it's still going strong and that the interest is still there. Makes me really proud of the community that was started "back in the day" and continues forward still.

I tend to stay away to let the site live a life of its own and management move forward without my shadow getting in the way. So it's nothing personal. (That and no one in my area wants to run/play Trek; out of sight, out of mind.)

Every so often I have that dream that someone will pick up the Trek license and I'll get a call.

Good luck, all!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride