Thread: Hall of Fire #63

Hall of Fire #63

The latest issue of the Hall of Fire fan webzine came out a few weeks ago. This issue has a new npc and hostile haunt for the Bree area.

Remember, if you have any house rules, npc's, or locales, send them in to the Hall of Fire so that others can enjoy them as well!

E-mail them to submissions@halloffire.org.

Is the wiki gone?

Also is there a way to bundle all the back issues into 1 or 2 zips? I had to download 63 separate issues last night, not a lot of fun I can tell you

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC
    Is the wiki gone?
    I've been wondering that too. I tried to get on recently and the site wouldn't come up.

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC
    Also is there a way to bundle all the back issues into 1 or 2 zips? I had to download 63 separate issues last night, not a lot of fun I can tell you
    That's something that you'd have to ask Micah or Celebraen (the co-editors). I am just an occasional submitter who has taken it upon himself to let people know when the new issues have come out.

Hall of Fire Wiki

Here is the link to the Hall of Fire Wiki.

I know why we never did a download package on the Hall of Fire site... the server space and bandwidth was given to us gratis, but with it came file upload and download size limitations.

Perhaps the new editors of the zine can talk to the webhosts and ask if they might grant a large zip file download option.

As for your time spent AslanC... at least it is done and all you'll have to do now is keep up!

Thanks for the link and yes I shall

I could provide for free webspace and ...more or less... no download/upload limitsa and a high bandwidth. I would even guarantee this for the next ten years+
    Thet said I mean I could host the hole site - and would incorporate it into a new rpg-network that is currently established. The same thing I would love to do with trek-rpgbnet. The benfits for those sites should be obvious - you have free webspace and free techsupport since I either do it myself or pay for it. the service is 24/7 so the best you can get. Moreso there is basically no change for anyone coming directly through the web address of the pages as they stand. But the additional benefit is if they go to the addy of the network they can see all the content of these pages also and by that it might be possible to get more people aware and interested again....

As for the HoF: I'm currently working on some stuff for my campaign and was wondering if it would be of interest for one of the HoF issues. It's about a northmen tribe at the northern edge of the blue mountains - a rather unusual place for a settlement for them, including some cultural twists, and a new elite order: the witch complete with a couple of new spells, including a sample character. I KNOW there have never been any witches mentioned in the books but this doesn't mean there are none, does it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    As for the HoF: I'm currently working on some stuff for my campaign and was wondering if it would be of interest for one of the HoF issues. It's about a northmen tribe at the northern edge of the blue mountains - a rather unusual place for a settlement for them, including some cultural twists, and a new elite order: the witch complete with a couple of new spells, including a sample character. I KNOW there have never been any witches mentioned in the books but this doesn't mean there are none, does it?!
    I'd encourage you to submit it. I'm sure that the editors would be happy to hear from you. After all, submissions have been drastically down the past 10 or so issues.

Basically I could contribute a thing or two now and then but all the stuff would need heavy editing since I'm way not native to english so there is tons of stuff to be corrected. And I hate to look dumb.

I love Hall of Fire, and I couldn't find a better place to put it after a search, so here is a question:

Is there a massive, all inclusive PDF or zip file where I could download everything? I lost everything recently that I had archived and wanted something I could start over with.

Thanks a bushel!
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

All of the Hall of Fire issues are on this website:

http://halloffire.org/

There is no ZIP file cotaining them all, so it may take you a bit to download them all.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Thank you sir. I was hoping.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"