So, After reading one of the Myriad Universe books, I got interested in one of the throw away races, the Allasomorph. From what little I gathered, they are shapeshifters, able to assume the form of many different species (not just intelligent species either), and can possibly turn into energy (take that, Odo).
They come from a planet locked in a huge civil war (hmm, shape changers locked in a vicious civil war? Are we sure they aren't giant robots?), and after the first season of TNG, they got a new leader to end the war.

Oh, and they apparently like super smart wonderkids.

So, that's the quick and dirty of the species, but I was wondering, has anyone stated them out? I mean, statting out aliens with such wide ranging powers (like Q and the Founders; how do you stat out a puddle that can be anything?) is a bit of a nightmare: sometimes, you have to come up with whole new abilities and drawbacks just to cover stuff.

Mostly this is just my brain working off some energy; but I did have an interesting idea regarding Allasomorphs and the DW.

Besides just trying to decide what a Founder would do if they discovered Allasomorphs (would they see them as kindred spirits, pale imitations, or abominations to be destroyed), I had this weird idea about a rogue Allasomorph being sent into a Dominion facility to impersonate a Founder for some purpose. While the Jem'Hadar would probably not question it, perhaps a Vorta or Cardy might. Then add the fact that allasomorphs probably have to sleep, so the agent would have to hide it's biological activities from the Dominion members it was working alongside. And if the Head Founder showed up.....

Any help or ideas or comments are welcome, as always!