Thread: Combat and Other Fixes

Combat and Other Fixes

Hi. I'm new to the forums.

For years I've had Decipher's LOTR books sitting on my shelf...occasionally I will lovingly take them down to read (beautiful books and so evocative!) but I've not had the opportunity to play the game as yet.

I have, however, heard a lot of mixed things about the CODA system...in particular, the combat system. Are there any common 'fixes'? I have heard that Hall of Fire magazine has various suggestions...which issues? And are there any other 'essential' fan supplements?

Cheers

Hmmm. I'm guessing I'm not going to get much help here, then. Perhaps someone could point me to some forums where Coda LOTR is discussed...?

Sorry Wulfgar, but I have no problem with the combat system as it stands. I use mook rules for cannon fodder, but other than that, I play my game as the rules have been written.

I have not experienced any challenges with it in my games. The game has never been bogged down by it, and it visualizes combat interaction very well.

So, sorry. I can't point you to any other player opinions. There are plenty of house rules in the Hall of Fire and some of them are very good - I think I may have written some, but there is nothing I can point you to directly. Well, actually I can point you to my site and my list of house rules... other than that, I attached the Hall of Fire index. Read through it and it might guide you to some combat rules that you might like in one of the zines.

http://rpg.avioc.org/boards/index.php/topic,47.0.html

T
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks! The Index is very handy (I didn't know there was one).

As I've never had the chance to play I'm just going by what I've read about combat on the odd rpgnet thread...so it's good to know that others feel combat works fine as is.

You're welcome.

Just know, that HOF index is only updated through issue #48, so there is quite a few zines not included. But at least it will reduce your search.