Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any online games?

I joined the avioc site. I posted there about the game, but so far no one' responded.

Sorry that you have gotten no response but the person you asked about his game has not logged into my site since May 2009... not thinking he is coming back.

As far as other games go - you are welcome to start a game and run it. I am currently GM'ing four games, although one, my Star Trek game, is on a bit of hiatus while we have fun with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I will be starting that game up again in about a month, but until then I am maxed out.

You are welcome to set up a room and run a game, or invite another GM into run a game... whatever you want to do, or you can see about entering a PC into a different genre game. But again, I am not going to be taking on anymore GM'ing until I put a game on hiatus.

Sorry.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Okay, I'm going to put my head out on the guillotine here.

I have been itching to run a new Star Trek campaign. My face-to-face group is in the first half of another campaign, and I'm taking a GMing break for a campaign after that.

So, if I want to run a Star Trek game for a while, I need to do it online.

Here are my parameters:

1. This will be a Starfleet shipboard campaign. I'm divided between having a PC or NPC captain, but we'll decide that later. The PCs will otherwise be department heads on a mid-sized starship. We'll figure out number of starting advancements later.

2. I'm looking primarily for a TOS feel. My timeframes are 2245, 2255, 2265 or 2280.

3. The game will be played with CODA rules only. All Decipher-published material, with few modifications, are in play for character creation. I must insist that all players have at least the Decipher Star Trek player's guide.

4. We'll play on a forum, and I want to try to keep up a 1-2 post per week pace.

5. I think we should keep the game to 4-5 players, although I can be convinced to add a sixth.

So, is anyone interested?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

TOS = made of win. I'd enthusiastically volunteer. Recommend rpol.net if you run the game off-site. I'd love to use the character I originally created for Aslan's Ultimate Trek game, a Tactical Officer with more of a focus on away-team tactics than starship combat, but he'd need tweaking since he was on the older side. Aslan was using the rule that one year peacetime / six months wartime = one advancement, as I recall.
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 10-16-2009 at 12:12 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

I'd love to get into this game (especially Coda TOS, especially especially 2280), but I've got a full plate in my last year of undergrad studies. Sooo, if this game takes flight and there are openings around May, please send a subspace communication.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Raconteur,

I go with a similar experience track:

1 advancement =
    • 6 months "intense activity"/wartime service
    • 1 year standard military service
    • 2 years of civilian life

I'll work with each individual player to determine their starting rank and length of service, based on their position and background.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I'm interested if there's still room. My chances of face to face Trek gaming are slim to none at the moment and TOS is my preferred era.

You know me, I would be down to play, but down own the CODA books :-( so I guess that counts me out until I can afford it. I'm in a wee bit of a financial squeeze recently.
    If it were ICON, I'd be all over it like a striper on a 100 dollar bill.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

For those interested, I've just restarted my CODA game at RPOL. You can find it here: http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=24942
    All are welcome to join.

Well, that's two, so far.

Raconteur
    Renny

JALU3, I found trying to build a character in CODA to someone else's specifications was overly difficult last time I tried this. I'll tell you what; because you want to play and I would love to have you in the game, I'll let you make a character in ICON and I'll convert him/her to CODA. (I won't do this for anyone else.)

Do we have one or two more interested players?
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Sea Tyger, I am sorry for being SO difficult last time. I am humbled by your want to have me, and will post a character. Hmmm ... TOS. This is Old School TOS, right, not Reimagined TOS, right?

By the way has the communited decided what the new three letter Abbreviation will be, is it ALT, or something else?

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

J, hold off on putting the character together. Come up with a basic concept, but since we haven't settled upon a starting date, don't set anything in stone.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Of the proposed starting dates, I'd likely vote for the extremes (2245 or 2280) over the middle pair (2255 or 2265). In 2245, Enterprise is brand-new under Robert April, and in 2280 we would get Movie Era uniforms.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

J and Renny, between the four starting years (2245, 2255, 2265, 2285), what are your preferences?

So far, Raconteur prefers 2245 and 2285.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Honestly, i'm happy with any of the proposed dates. If pushed, I would probably lean towards 2285 if only because i've gamed most in the movie era.