Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Are there any online games?

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renny View Post
    Forgot to mention he's human, by the way
    I think the Churchill part gave it away.

I like the character. Go for it.

Any ideas on names for the light cruiser? Anton has a few uses...it's a first name in some Eastern European cultures, also a name of a small river in England (a tributary of the Trent, I think), and also the name of a supercomputer. Nothing really specific.

Perhaps we go with names of explorers. Any ideas?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Okay, here are three possibilities:

USS Rooney
    USS Moninger
    USS Drake

Each of the namesakes were members of the Earth Arctic Archaeology Team who were listed as missing, presumed dead after discovering a crashed ship on the polar ice cap in 2153.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I like them in reverse order (Drake, then Moninger, then Rooney). I like the sense of history of using actual names from the show here and there to lend verisimilitude.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger View Post
    I think the Churchill part gave it away.

Hey, you write what you know...

I pretty much agree with PGoodman13. Drake has a lot of known associations but I love the fact that it's not inspired by that Drake. Cool.

I'll write the character up tonight. Do you want the stats posted here ore would you prefer a PM?

Each of the namesakes were members of the Earth Arctic Archaeology Team who were listed as missing, presumed dead after discovering a crashed ship on the polar ice cap in 2153.
    Now you're making me regret bowing out. Even so, been jonesing to try the new A Song Of Ice And Fire Rolplaying for a while and shall cope.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

I should point out in case it's not already clear that I am in the UK so my postings maybe a little out of step, timewise, when compared to those of you in the US. I will try and post as soon as possible and as required by the game but thought I should mention it.

JALU, your preference(s)? If you're good with 2285, I'll put together a list of possible ship classes for your perusal.
    2285 is fine with me, plus we all get to skip those TMP uniforms.

Helmsman
    Navigator
    (Security &) Weapons Officer
    Communications Officer
    Engineer
    Science Officer
    Medical Officer
    I'll go with Medical (what do you mean you don't have [insert medical drug here])or Navigator (who likes plotting in three-d?). Human of course, adding to the Terrans only club spoken about in ST:VI.

As for the name of ships, lets go with the Rooney. It'll set up for multiple jokes regarding this guy. lol ... maybe the Wilkerson or Thufir class ships. However, that Wilkerson, looks like it might be a warm bunking ship.
    Last edited by JALU3; 10-22-2009 at 05:37 AM.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Why make Mickey Rooney jokes when you can make Andy Rooney ones? LOL
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

I'm with PG and Renny on the names. I like Drake the best.

And by the way, I'm coming up with a character concept and will post it in the next day or so, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by RaconteurX View Post
    Why make Mickey Rooney jokes when you can make Andy Rooney ones? LOL
    What about Dan Rooney?

Renny: no worries. I want to try to stay on a 1-2 posts a week, at least at the start. If we can keep up with a heavier pace we will, but you should always have an opportunity to respond, etc., before anything significant happens.

JALU3 accepted the CO position and is working on a character concept.

For character sheets, I've attached a Word doc with what I feel is a really good format. Please use this format for your character sheets. Email them here.

Also, I would really appreciate, on a separate page, a breakdown of picks for each advancement. It gives me a really good idea of your character's career track. Thanks.

Okay, we have a consensus; the ship will be named USS Drake (NCC-1553), for 22nd Century archaeologist Dr. Elias J. Drake, who was part of the Earth Arctic Archaeology Team that discovered a mysterious wrecked alien spacecraft in 2153. The members of the team went missing and were presumed dead. This is the first Federation starship to bear the name.

I'll find a forum to set up a game and we'll go from there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

I've requested a game forum over on RPG Resource Masters Forum. Once I get the forum set up, I'll let you know so you all can register. My username there is Dafydd Jones.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Looks like it might be up already, Davy. I just got through registering there (my user name is, perhaps not surprisingly, PGoodman13), and thought I saw a new forum with a somewhat familiaar name....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Project Lurking has begun

Hey guys.

I have registered there as my usual self as well and start lurking. Thanks for allowing me to be reading along SeaTyger. Good luck for the game!

Yes, the forum is now up and ready to populate here.

Here's our tagline:

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Drake; she's the last of her kind, a remnant from a generation of intrepid explorers: April, Garth, Decker, Pike. She's named for an scientist who paid the ultimate price in the search for knowledge, and her crew are the heirs to that most worthy pursuit. This is...the Last Anton!"

Everyone get registered and I'll create an OOC thread for us to start communicating.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Alright, I'm registered over at RPGRM (with the same username). Also, I've been pretty busy, so I'm still at work on the character concept, but I can tell you that I'm thinking an Andorian...