Thread: Medusan stats?

Medusan stats?

Did anyone ever stat out Medusans in ICON? I know there's not a lot to go on in canon, but someone in fandom must have fleshed them out...
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I did stat them out, way back in 2004.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

That looks pretty good, missed that first time around. Although a slight revisit should be in order, as the Insanity side effect and navigational instinctive nature should get included in the edges somehow...

May I suggest (off the top of my head);
    Arrogant -1
    Sense of Direction +1
    Sense of Time +1
    Medical* Condition (Natural State causes insanity in corporeal races) +3
    Medical* Remedy (Encounter Suit) +2

I use the game terms loosly to be representative of the nature and solution, the remedy is less than the problem as its not 100% infallable, a suit breach would cause problems... The Box alternative feels to me like a +1 solution that would give an extra point in character generation.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Dan, excellent ideas.

I believe I still have the original file, if anyone wants a copy with Dan's revisons let me know and I'll throw it together.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    Dan, excellent ideas.

I believe I still have the original file, if anyone wants a copy with Dan's revisons let me know and I'll throw it together.

Put me down for one, the snappy .pdf really makes it zing! I am guessing Owen would be open to a copy over in Memory Icon...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Yes please.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

redwood973, great minds think alike. I also thought Medusans ought to have something like Vorlon encounter suits. But I was thinking we might have actually seen them in the Federation Council; remember the humanoids with the faces like porcelain dolls?
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    remember the humanoids with the faces like porcelain dolls?
    I'm not sure a species known for driving humans mad would adopt an alternative visage also known for driving humans mad.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I'm not sure a species known for driving humans mad would adopt an alternative visage also known for driving humans mad.
    See, I thought maybe that's why they chose those masks. :P
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Sarge, I had thought they were perhaps the guys in the copper mask that had the glowing eye slit and funny mop hair. The porcelain doll head people were too normal in my opinion. That's actually why I went with the Vorlon picture as even the copper-glowie eyes seem rather normal; and there is nothing normal about Medusans.

I did find the original word document, so I'll toss together the updated stats into the .pdf and just post it here for anyone that wants a copy. Won't be able to do it until this evening, so I'll have it posted tonight or by morning for sure.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Okay, the updated file has been attached to the original thread (linked above).

I tweeked it a little more and gave the template a second science specialization. This still allows the player to spend an additional point (or two, depending on if the character uses the containment box rather than the suit) to spend on template Attributes/Skills.

Due to the larger template box I needed to tweek the layout and make some minor editing to maintain the two page layout. I don't think anyone will even notice (I hope).

LUG: ICON. . .GAME ON!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Sarge, I had thought they were perhaps the guys in the copper mask that had the glowing eye slit and funny mop hair.
    I don't remember them. Somebody have a picture?
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I don't remember them. Somebody have a picture?
    These guys?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

LUG: ICON. . .GAME ON!

I know its bloody great, we go silent for months on end then we get little flurry's of activity that lets us know the system is not dead...

I still prefer ICON to CODA...
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Yep, that's them Tatterdemalion. Although I seem to recall the mask being a little more coppery and the eye slit glowing an odd shade of green.

It's too bad we only get a scattering of ICON activity. I need to toss out a few more items from the Species Database. Free time is just so hard to come by anymore.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood