Thread: SD: Klingons on Linux

SD: Klingons on Linux

I have downloaded the PDF of the Klingon supplement for Spacedock, and I run Linux, but I am having a problem reading it. The body text does not appear when I open. I have tested it on Windows machines, and it works fine there, and I have no problem reading any of the other Spacedock supplements. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

I noticed after I posted my last comment that there was an area dedicated to just Spacedock. Should I repost the message there? Besides, I also noticed I used bad grammar. As an English major, I find that embarrassing.

Speaking as the layout guy who worked on it, the Klingon sbook was pdf-ized almost a decade ago. I have no doubt there's multiple compatibility issues lurking in the font embedding. How many different Linux pdf readers have you run it through?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I am using what Document Viewer 2.26.1 on Ubuntu.

Have you tried it in others?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Speaking as the layout guy who worked on it, the Klingon sbook was pdf-ized almost a decade ago. I have no doubt there's multiple compatibility issues lurking in the font embedding. How many different Linux pdf readers have you run it through?
    My gosh. A decade ago, makes me cry cause LUG remains rather awesome.

Try downloading Acrobat reader 9 directly from Adobe (you can also probably get it from your package installer). It works on Linux (I'm running it now actually) and I think this would be your best shot for opening any PDF file.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I finally got it working. It was easy once I had the time. Thank you all for your help.