Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who plays FASA ?

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
    Completely agree -- FASA's scenarios are very nicely drawn. When I was running a STRPG campaign (which has been a couple of years now, unfortunately,) it was set in the year 2300, and the in-game universe was very strongly influenced by FASA. (We used straight CODA rules, just because that was what we had and the rules worked well enough.)
    Yes indeed. Whenever I get back into running Trek for my second group, set in 2278, I'll be kicking off the campaign with a Coda version of Decision at Midnight, a FASA classic.

This group had run through a mini-campaign set in the Academy to give everyone a feel for the rules. Since DaM has the set up premise of a "class reunion," it seemed a logical choice.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by K.G. Carlson View Post
    Yes indeed. Whenever I get back into running Trek for my second group, set in 2278, I'll be kicking off the campaign with a Coda version of Decision at Midnight, a FASA classic.

This group had run through a mini-campaign set in the Academy to give everyone a feel for the rules. Since DaM has the set up premise of a "class reunion," it seemed a logical choice.
    Must be nice to have a FTF group. Can barely muster up two people for an online game.

My group has been together for the better part of 20 years - we broke up in the latter half of the '90's for a few years - and we began with FASA. It was good for the time, but began to show its age. We went to a modified Twilight 2K system for a while, then I found ICON. Never was tempted by CODA, though. FASA had some good adventures, but some spectacularly bad artwork, including most of their deckplans. All hail the Freedonian Aeronautical and Space Administration!

We have a group of 8 or 9 regular & another 3 to 5 who game when they can/want to.We lost one to the USMC in September.two of our regulars are next generation players(sons of two of our regular players).4 of us regulars have been gaming togther since 81; & the irregulars have been gaming with us since then also.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    FASA had some good adventures, but some spectacularly bad artwork, including most of their deckplans.
    I was in a group in the late 80s that was into a bunch of systems and in a sort of crossover thing, we always said FASA art caused SAN loss.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Wasn't it "Decision At Midnight" that had the Star Ship officer drawning of Sean Connery from "Hunt for Red October".

Well, that's what happen when you have a game company run by a bunch of friends who hire their friends. The one shining light art-wise was David Deitrich. His covers were fantastic.

Oh yea,alway loved his work.One of the reasons I enjoyed Battletech.

I recently went back to the FASA game, nostalgia and all that.

Allen