Thread: Gah! Could we have a spoiler warning, please!

Post Gah! Could we have a spoiler warning, please!

Guys...can we please have a spoiler warning or something when talking about brand-new episodes and such?

I just read about a third of the way into the "Endgame" thread, not having the faintest idea what it was from the thread title before realising it sounds like the last (or one of the last) episodes of Voyager.

Since the latest episodes we have down here is four into Season 7 - well...you know what I mean.

------------------
    "Every atom in our bodies was forged in the furnace of ancient stars - it is our destiny to return home..."

Placing the words "spoiler: Voyager finalé" may be a good idea, but the nature and structure of Discussion Boards means that any other type of measures (the traditional 25 blank lines) are impractical - you can't simply go to the next message, you have to scroll down through each one.

The Discussion Boards have never made any sort of spoilers mandatory, unlike the old TrekRPG mailing list, which had an utterly ludicrous 2-year spoiler mandate. Given the limitations of the UBB software (or any other Discussion Board software), spoiler warnings are impractical, IMSHO. Restrictions on discussion of new episodes would seriously cripple the Discussion Boards, since many people running Trek games want to implement the latest toys and/or races the TV characters run across.

I'm going to pop this over to the General Chat area for further discussion.

------------------

Owen, I didn't mean spoiler space, or a moratorium or anything like that.

I just meant, could the thread title (and future ones where it's appropriate) contain something like: "(Possible Spoilers)" as part of the title.

Had the "Endgame" thread had that in the title, I wouldn't have read it - but since I had no idea VOY's final episode was called "Endgame", I thought it was "just another thread".

I'm not having a go at anyone - I'm just suggesting it as a future courtesy.

------------------
    "Every atom in our bodies was forged in the furnace of ancient stars - it is our destiny to return home..."