View Poll Results: What do you think of The Big Bang Theory (TV show)

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't know it...

2 9.52%
  • I love it. I want a Sarcasm Sign myself!

13 61.90%
  • I have seen it once or twice, didn't do it for me...

3 14.29%
  • I have yet to check it out, but it sounds interesting enough...

4 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

The Big Bang Theory

I have recently discovered the show and have been given the first two seasons for christmas on DVD. I have to say, I simply love the show and have ta aknowledge, that I see a lot of myself distributed over the group of people making up the main cast of the show. Mostly I connect to Leonard, of course

What do you guys think of the show?

Do you even know/watch it?

I'm in the process of discovering the show (I'm somewhere in the beginning of the first season) and so far I like it. Extremely geeky, and with characters overally likeable (that includes, surprisingly, Sheldon).
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

have been watching it since season one, the Wheaton cameo was nice, and although most loath Sheldon, there is an awkwardness about his character that I like. The writing is meant to draw you to Leanord as he is the main protagonist in the story lines explored thus far, and all of them have their flaws, but for all his intelligence, Sheldon, IMHO, has the most...therefore the largest potential to improve as a character. Of course the character wouldn't see it as an improvement to his person.

I have also recently discovered the "Shenny". I for one am not a supporter, but I can see the attraction in the 'ship for those who are supporters. And the fact that the actors are willing to feed into it, is a boost for the fan base in general.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Looking forward to Will's appearence. Didn't know about that, which puts the episode in the third season, right? Does he play himself or maybe even Wesley Crusher?

None of the tick boxes applied to me.. I have seen the show, enjoyed it but I haven't seen much of it nor religiously follow it, so I didn't get the in-joke there enough to tick that box

It's a funny show nontheless
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    None of the tick boxes applied to me.. I have seen the show, enjoyed it but I haven't seen much of it nor religiously follow it, so I didn't get the in-joke there enough to tick that box

And "here's your sign" - Bill Engvall

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post

Yes, I kinda botched up the poll by missing to enable the option "Something completely different...".

My bad
    Last edited by Cut; 12-29-2009 at 11:05 AM.

The episode with Summer Glau is fairly amusing as well.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Love the show.

Big fan.

Bazinga!

And better yet, an improvement on Rock Paper Scissors

Plus this year brings new Chuck, who now knows kung fu

Right now I'm a bit more drawn into 'How I Met Your Mother', but am looking forward to the fall, when season three of TBBT will become available on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    Right now I'm a bit more drawn into 'How I Met Your Mother', but am looking forward to the fall, when season three of TBBT will become available on DVD
    Well Barney is a great character to follow, yet I am resistant to the entire duck/rabbit story line they are pursuing right now. One thing I do like though, is that the writers have a time line set up. This show ill not continue on forever, and has a pre-planned end. It's just fun to watch were they will go to get there.

So, it's Big Bang time again at my place. I love to have those 20 minute geeky breaks during studying. Still missing some episodes of the end of season three. Hopefully amazon.ci.uk will offer a cheap season 3 DVD set sooner or later

Anyone still following the adventures of Sheldon, Penny and Leonard and Raj and Howard?

Still watching it (now along with The IT Crowd). I'm somewhere in the middle of season 3. Still liking it. Still finding freaky to be able to understand so many geeky references or relating to so many awkward geeky situations
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by C5 View Post
    Still watching it (now along with The IT Crowd). I'm somewhere in the middle of season 3. Still liking it. Still finding freaky to be able to understand so many geeky references or relating to so many awkward geeky situations
    I know what you mean. On the one hand it's cool but on the other hand, I have some (mostly female friends) that watch and enjoy the show although they miss at least half the geeky jokes. I myself connect well with all the Sci-Fi and Fantasy issues. I'm mostly missing out inside jokes when it comes to comic book references, where I'm only rudementary knowledgable