View Poll Results: Will you participate and should it be public or hidden?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, public

7 43.75%
  • Yes, doesn't matter

1 6.25%
  • Yes, hidden

0 0%
  • No, but public is fine

6 37.50%
  • No, doesn't matter

2 12.50%
  • No, and keep it hidden

0 0%

Thread: Star Trek Online subforum?

Star Trek Online subforum?

As Star Trek Online is around the corner, and we have been talking about having our own fleet I am considering adding a subforum for the game.

So here is a poll to see how many that are interested in participating in such subforum, and if people would prefer an open forum (readable without having to log in) or if it should be hidden and joinable (making it invisible to all members that are not interested).

If I can find additional funds in the budget, I will definitely start a subscription, and would love to team with ya'll, if you'd have me

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I voted "yes, public", but that's hoping I'll have enough time to actually play the game, which is doubtful given my current schedule.

As for public, well, it depends what we would be talking about, but we already have different subfora on these boards about various aspects of Star Trek gaming, all of which may not be of interest to everyone, so why not another one ?
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by C5 View Post
    I voted "yes, public", but that's hoping I'll have enough time
    As for public, well, it depends what we would be talking about, but we already have different subfora on these boards about various aspects of Star Trek gaming, all of which may not be of interest to everyone, so why not another one ?
    I am with C5 here. Maybe the game will attract some people that also used to play the PnP RPG games. This could mean some new blood for us here. So make it public I say

I voted "yes, public", but that's hoping I'll have enough time to actually play the game, which is doubtful given my current schedule.
    Again, I am with C5. Although I am very interested, I avoided checking the game out, as I have not much time and even less money at least for the next 10-12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3 View Post
    If I can find additional funds in the budget, I will definitely start a subscription, and would love to team with ya'll, if you'd have me
    I hope you manage. But if funds are an issue, even if you manage to dig some up, wait a bit until you hear that it actually deliver and that the people you would like to team up with likes it and stay.

I'm actually feeling the same about available time. Especially if I do pick up training Bujinkan again as I have been itching to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    I am with C5 here. Maybe the game will attract some people that also used to play the PnP RPG games. This could mean some new blood for us here. So make it public I say
    There are quite a few things to consider. But that the online game might help increase interest in Trek PnP gaming have crossed my mind Not only people who used to play PnP, but even people who never looked closer to it because of misconceptions of what it is.

Again, I am with C5. Although I am very interested, I avoided checking the game out, as I have not much time and even less money at least for the next 10-12 months.
    Well, considering that an online game tend to need that amount of time to mature, so if it is well done
    it will for sure be possible to join then.

Well, I see no reason not to make it public, to garner increased membership.
    If I don't pre-order I wont be able to get some of the nice pre-order add ons. By the way if I scrape up for it which add on does everyone think is the best one to get? Does the collectors edition have all of the add ons?

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

To my understanding, the pre-order bonus is a Borg bridge officer (and open beta access). But as I understand it, at least at amazon.co.uk, the cut of date to get the pre-order bonus is the 7th.

The collectors edition for the US seems to be much nicer than the one we can get. Including a in-game tactical advantage (short energy boost to all systems).

well, from what Wiki says, where you get it determines what bonuses you get.

Ah, I missed that the pre-order bonus differ depending on from where I order. Well, I guess that having one of those Swedish guys as bridge officer fits me quite well

Not having the Khaaaan emote is a bummer...
    Last edited by Cpt. Lundgren; 01-07-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Lundgren View Post
    Ah, I missed that the pre-order bonus differ depending on from where I order. Well, I guess that having one of those Swedish guys as bridge officer fits me quite well

Not having the Khaaaan emote is a bummer...
    yah, but in the end that's mainly a styling thing, that doesn't impact in game abilities.

Well, it is those styling things that helps giving the Trek feel and not just something reskinned with a Trek look. And that emote would come in handy when I get blasted to bits because I keep using my Miranda instead of a higher tier ship.

True about the styling, but with the pet Tribble, I hope they don't cause the problems that they do in the in game telling. Born pregnant, eating others out of house and home, getting into the electrical wiring.

I was thinking the auto defense would be nice, or the TR-116 ... or maybe the First Contact/DS9 unis or those proposed ones for Generations

[QUOTE=JALU3;175395]True about the styling, but with the pet Tribble, I hope they don't cause the problems that they do in the in game telling. Born pregnant, eating others out of house and home, getting into the electrical wiring.[/QUOE]Would actually be a bit fun if everyone who picked a tribble ended up with the "infestation" and had to do a quest to clear up the ship and to get a sterile one

I was thinking the auto defense would be nice, or the TR-116 ... or maybe the First Contact/DS9 unis or those proposed ones for Generations
    All are nice. The auto defense will be useful in PvP, the rifle in PvE missions (unless they have added ground PvP as well) and the uniform is a nice styling (had to copy the link and paste it to the url bar for it to work).

If PvP is the main attraction I would go for something that is giving an edge there. When it comes to PvE, that small edge tend to never matter, so from that angle I would go with styling (well, depending on how the two first one looks, they might fit into styling as well).

But I guess my answer became a bit a non-answer