Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Season Five NX-1 Refit

The Season Five NX-1 Refit

I didn't see anybody else bringing this up. Has anyone else seen the new pictures that Doug Drexler put up on his site for the Enterprise? If not, here it is.
    http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/...-refit-teaser/

I hope he posts some orthos...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

That's pretty cool. In one of the comments, he says he'll post orthos later on.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

What are 'orthos'?

Short for 'orthographic.' In this case it means a series of views from each basic direction: left, right, top, bottom, front, back, iso, etc.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    What are 'orthos'?
    Here's my old game's ship ortho, plus a few other goodies like the MSD.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Ah you beat me to it I love the new look and I hope ortho's will be released once the callendar has been released.

I've actually heard some nice things that would have been in season 5 if the show had been renewed. Including Kzinti raiders, possiblity of Sharn becoming a regular and the buildup to the Earth romulan war. I've also heard that an Earth Romulan war mini series had been suggested but that TPTB decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by somaticon View Post
    I've also heard that an Earth Romulan war mini series had been suggested but that TPTB decided against it.
    I read the proposed outline; it sounds like it would've been terrible. : (

I don't think it counts as a spoiler if it never gets made, so tell us the story.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

It does not look that good indeed, although early drafts can greatly differ from the eventual movie.
    What is it with people wanting so much to militarise the Trekverse anyway ? Is a relative utopia that difficult handle ? At least the Abrams movie happened in a parallel universe...
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Hopefully this will upload for you all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd argue that some people seem to see the utopic aspects as giving freedom to indulge in obviously righteous militarism, which is why I think DS9 without the Maquis arc, S31 and "Homefront/Paradise Lost" would not have been as strong a series–it framed the Dominion War in much more of a tragic light, versus the sort of self-righteous I'ma fight you of later Janeway and Archer.

Here's a link to the giant version of the orthos.

Interestingly in the original script for Homefront the Vulcans leave the Federation due to the increased paranoia. They saw the actions of Starfleet as being unacceptable. I've been reading the Star Trek script archive and some of the forgotten or unused scripts would have been very interesting.