Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big news......

I have to check this out.

£39.99 quid for the two rule books dice and map. The system has gone on limited pre-order. Here's the link http://shop.cubicle7store.com/epages...ories/preorder
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I just got the two game guides off of DriveThruRPG for $29.99.

They are really nice looking pieces. It looks like FFG borrowed some things from CODA.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat
    It looks like FFG borrowed some things from CODA.
    The One Ring is published by Cubicle 7. Fantasy Flight Games had nothing to do with it.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    I just got the two game guides off of DriveThruRPG for $29.99.

They are really nice looking pieces. It looks like FFG borrowed some things from CODA.
    I read in some other (german) forum, that they have a rather unique dice resolution system. Based on a d12 with a natural 12 being Gandalf runes and 11 being Saruman's eys or something the like.

Can you comment on the magic and magic-use for player characters? That's for me more or less a deal-breaker with any LotR RPG. Too much magic won't give me the right feel, but no magic at all isn't right either. CODA was I nice fit, especially using your house rules Tomcat

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by RaconteurX View Post
    Everyone should write Cubicle 7 and suggest they hire Steve Long to write the new game. After all, he's already done the research. And who the hell cares about "new art" when there are tons of gorgeous movie stills to use?
    I agree whole-heartedly. Steve Long is a great game writer.

Steve Long, Ken Hite, C. J. Carella, Don Mappin - some of the best in the business.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    We had some good sessions playing C7's Doctor Who game, but went back to FASA recently. Because C7's website only accepts PayPal (which I boycott rather stringently, after losing $150 on eBay over a $5 transaction), and their stuff is really over-priced on Amazon ($300 for the Doctor Who screen), I doubt we'll be ordering the new LOTR game.

I like CODA's system anyway. And there is so much rich material in Hall of Fire that I'm always finding something new to add to the game.

I am not so sure that they are gonna go through to the end of the war of the ring anyway, as it says to the war which means the biggest time I want to adventure in won't be statted... Any news on that?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Exclamation

#i got the presale of the pdf a couple of days ago but haven't had a chance to see much of it except for a brief look. So far it gorgeous! Great layout and just breathtaking artwork compared to some other games popular these days. It's all original art and no movie stills which is, in my humble opinion, a great bonus. The character sheet looks promising. But that's as much as I can say this far. But it got me hooked for the time. I'm very curious about the content side of the books and looking forward to get the hardcopies.
    Best regards,

Storm of the million spheres

Any update?

I have been looking toward doing a fantasy setting similar to Ranger's Aprentice series of books with a little magic and I think CODA fits the bill... I hate the new D&D setup and I think CODA allows better character variance than Pathfinder, but is not as bulky as GURPS.
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

My god-daughter is in a play-by-post game of The One Ring currently and loves it. It's certainly grown on me after reading the rules, it nicely blends old-school and storygame elements to give a satisfying Tolkienesque feel.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

It'd be nice if Drivethrurpg's preview showed a little more than just the introduction. I'm more interested to see a *taste* of the mechanics, rather than the fonts they're using. *sigh*
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I have The One Ring set. It is visually nice. Mechanics have a bit of CODA and some new stuff. I will stick with CODA myself after investing the last eight years in making house rules and smoothing my game.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
    Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11 | Edge 8 | Injury 16/18
    Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane, Foe-slaying
    Shadow bane, Skirmisher