Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big news......

Big news......

I think you are all very interested in the following news:
    http://www.cubicle-7.com/

Based on the promo text,it looks like it won't be using the samr system as Cublicle's Doctor Who RPG.

It would be funny if Cubicle 7 gets the rights for Star Trek!

So far it sounds like a great advertising text for another middle-earth game soon to die...if it ever sees the light of day at all. But IF it does...I'll definitely buy it and start all over again.

I love whenever a company puts out a new edition of the game how they say it will be the most immersive or the best representative. And that they are using a guy who designed a board game to make an rpg doesn't exactly sell me. I know they have worked on other rpg's but I feel meh about it.

Time will tell I guess.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Everyone should write Cubicle 7 and suggest they hire Steve Long to write the new game. After all, he's already done the research. And who the hell cares about "new art" when there are tons of gorgeous movie stills to use?
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Steve Long already has a gig, and he's not likely to give it up anytime soon. Besides which, the Cubicle 7 license doesn't include the films; they were only after the book rights, which will sure ease their approvals process (only one licensor to please instead of two).

The blokes they've got working on the game have all sorts of Middle-Earth street cred; the War of the Rings boardgame, which they also worked on, just oozes ME flavor.

Personally, I think it's in very good hands. If it's half as well-done as their Dr. Who RPG, it's going to be a knockout.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

The WotR boardgame is both the most fun boardgame I have ever played AND the most true to Tolkien. I look forward to seeing what they can do with a RPG. Also, movie stills in place of art was a major drawback of the CODA LotR for me.

I view OD&D as the definitive Middle-earth rules set, and MERP 1e as the definitive collection of supplements. But “TOR” has definitely earned a glance! Regards.
    Michael Falconer – Old School Star Trek Role-playing
    “Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?”

“A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!” —J.R.R. Tolkien

Though I liked the Layout of the CODA books I was always a fan of original artwork and not photos. Yet that's only the looks and what turned me down the most on CODA was the next to unusable ugly maps and the lack of depth to the material as well as strange publication order.

What I would have liked and are now hoping for, again, would be a descend setting book for a specific area that describes the land, people culture and beast in "down to the bottom" detail like the realm modules of old ICE and there after some rules expansions for the classes or for "combat" and "magic" (would do for me). And then they could churn out more setting and adventures somehow connected to the first book with things like a monster compendium and stuff like that somewhere in between (don't really need that). And what I definitely DON'T need is another triad of "characters from the books" book with statistics for the likes of Frodo, Gandalf and The Balrog ec.

I would be VERY pleased to see them starting with a book about the area of Wilderland/Laketown. But that won't happen, unfortunately...

Well, I'll definitely check it out. I like CODA, but it's not like it's the be-all-end-all of LotR RP. And the fact that they have the book license rather than the movie license is nice.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa Kurita View Post
    Well, I'll definitely check it out. I like CODA, but it's not like it's the be-all-end-all of LotR RP. And the fact that they have the book license rather than the movie license is nice.
    Yea verily.

Very interesting! I'll keep an eye out for this in my local game shop when it comes out
    Ta Muchly

I found this and looked, but there hasn't been any move that I have seen even though it was supposed to be released in the second half of this year. Anyone else have any good poop on it?
    USS INDEPENDENCE

"FREEDOM'S FLAGSHIP"

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa Kurita View Post
    Decipher had both licenses, for all the good it did them.

Anyway, I was in the playtest for the C7 version of the game earlier this year but bowed out after a month or so. The early stages of the game weren't my cup of tea, but I'm curious to see how it turned out once it gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineti View Post
    Decipher had both licenses, for all the good it did them.
    Hopefully C7 doesn't have an in-law for an accountant.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

My only fault with CODA was the combat system for LOTR. I think the fanbase has rectified it. Decipher suffers the shame of a dropped project and the disgrace of how they let it die. I think I am going to stick with CODA. I do wish the new creators the best of success.
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA