Thread: Looking for group

Looking for group

Anyone know of a good TNG/DS9 era group that is running, preferably ICON (but am willing to play CODA if the GM is willing to bear with a system NOOB)?
    If not I'd be willing to run one. I have a couple ideas rattling in my brain.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

We are always looking for capable players. Simplified CODA with STARDOCK for the ships.

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=33169

Quote Originally Posted by gmt View Post
    We are always looking for capable players. Simplified CODA with STARDOCK for the ships.

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=33169
    Looks like an interesting game, would you be willing to take on a player even with little CODA experience? How would a new character fit in with all roles already assigned to PCs or npcs?

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I doubt you'd have anything to worry about. CODA, for players, is just simple arithmetic. If you can add up skill levels in 3e, you've mastered the entirety of CODA.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I doubt you'd have anything to worry about. CODA, for players, is just simple arithmetic. If you can add up skill levels in 3e, you've mastered the entirety of CODA.
    Well the problem is that I don't have the books, and there is always rules minutia that I don't have access to. But then again, I am not the GM...

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3 View Post
    Looks like an interesting game, would you be willing to take on a player even with little CODA experience? How would a new character fit in with all roles already assigned to PCs or npcs?
    Absolutely, we, the GMs, do all the nitty-gritty. All you need to do is create or adopt a character and select 17 skills from a template and you are set to go. The fine-tuning comes afterwards.

Bear in mind that the character creation does take a couple of days because we want to make sure it will work out for everybody in the game, players, mods and us GMs.

I have to ask, how would you best define this game? Exploration? Regional Security? Combat? Rear support?
    I see there are multiple games centered around K-10, does that mean that there are different games that associate with each other?

This is a play by post game right? Or is it real time with Open RPG and the like?

Im not to sure exactly whats going down here but if anything your all welcome to join my ship the USS Derecho =) derecho.epsilonfleet.net I have all positions open right now and its pretty easy to get the hang of its a play by email that uses SMS2