Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So, who is playing this game ?

Has anyone thought of doing a forum fleet on STO? That would be cool.

Currently Captain 3 with my Orion Gerda
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I'm on a few hours every day.

and with season 4....a massive rebuild of Qo'nos and the PVE ques
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Rebuild of Qo'noS eh? Is playing a Klingon a bit more of a complete experience than it was before?

Still poking my way around in The First City, but I tend to think so. they went to town with the First City and there area lot of nice little bits they added

I just started a new character, actually - only Lt 3, zipping around in a neat little NX class with blue phasers.

I wanted to check out the improvements and such, so I thought I'd get it started again from the ground up - so far I like it, especially the FPS variant of ground combat. It makes things much simpler.

Of course, in order to play, I have to drag my teenager off WoW for a bit...so here's me wishing I had a phaser set for stun...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Smile

Disrupter assault minigun makes this sci officer very happy

My problem with these games is that I inherently roleplay. I can't seem to stop. I cannot bring myself to equip Starfleet officers with disruptors (or anything other than phasers, for that matter) because...well...just because!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
    My problem with these games is that I inherently roleplay. I can't seem to stop. I cannot bring myself to equip Starfleet officers with disruptors (or anything other than phasers, for that matter) because...well...just because!
    I like that It sounds much like a problem I would be having.

yeah...but I was playinga Klingon officer

and fora update on what just got changed over
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07...r-launch-recap

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian View Post
    yeah...but I was playinga Klingon officer

and fora update on what just got changed over
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/07...r-launch-recap
    Oh, I wasn't taking a shot at you, BC - I was commenting generally. I don't know what's wrong with me when it comes to these things; I know I'd be mechanically better off with, say, a BFG-2409 ( ), but I can't bring myself to use it, even if I have it. And I know it's not an RPG and there are no consequences for me using a non-Starfleet weapon, but I still can't seem to do it.

I think I need therapy...

Smile

and a bit on the ground combat update

http://www.stowiki.org/Ground_Combat

I don't know if that helps, Aldaron, but I too have difficulties equipping my ships with anything that is disruptor or plasma. I just want to hear the sound of phasers when my Galaxy class is firing.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I really like the FPS ground combat variation. To me, ground combat had always been the big let-down of ST:O, and they've gone a long way toward fixing that.

Also, it may be my imagination, but it seems like a lot more NPCs are voiced than before.