Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So, who is playing this game ?

i back. ready to play with everyone how want

now, i have one half admiral and 2 lt commander

@+
    kalamaro

I've come back to STO after nearly two years away and the game has massively improved. Klingon play has finally got content and isn't just based on PVP. The new Romulan faction is nice but you don't get to play as the Tal Shiar which I was dissapointed by.

Anyone else still playing or thinking of playing?

I'm out there daily with my Fleet "The Armada" usually around 1700 CST, you will find my in Tau Dewa or Sol Sector normally
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Quote Originally Posted by Eryx_uk View Post
    The new Romulan faction is nice but you don't get to play as the Tal Shiar which I was dissapointed by.
    Try this instead!
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

The Armada has some slots open and the new Dyson Sphere/Species 8472 Content has kicked off the game pretty well .we are always looking for new members
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

You gonna Asspierce-me, or just send me a dead Rat?
    I don't, I figured that like ADB, I should just go my own way, and it's worked out for X d or e 100s, of several different creative things.
    "Always beware of anything said by a person with a smile." -Cronan-sama
    http://www.cronan-memorial.com

http://sites.google.com/site/memoryeta
    Initially Trek, but haphazard Archival Site, no need to make it a Wiki.

http://web.archive.org/web/200410151.../ssd/ssds.html
    Don Miller's SSDs for Star Fleet Battles are here, axing the URL past sfb takes you to the main site.

Well. the New Expansion Delta Rising is coming out in October and a lot of new content is being added (Delta Quadrant) with most of the Voyager cast coming back to do voice work

I have to confess I recently suspended my subscription. I have less time to play than I used to and, while I still love how the Trek feel is done in this game, the gameplay eventually bored me somewhat.
    Still, I may come back at it at a later date.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I tried this game on 2 separate occasions. On both occasions I just couldn't get into the game. I was hoping for a game where a group of people would get together and form a bridge crew to run a ship. The combat would be slow and decisive. The problem I had with the combat is that the system they used (same system used for City of Heroes, which I loved playing) just doesn't feel very star trek to me.

Also, I didn't like that on away missions when you were fighting the borg you could leg sweep them. The borg are supposed to be feared, not leg sweeped.

I've just recently started myself in the last few days. Sadly, I'm not particularly certain how well I'm doing at this point -- I did get level 11 finally with a Starfleet Science captain, and currently using a Nova-class science vessel (thank God, too, because the Miranda-class starter was just bleh). I'm also running a Romulan character that's currently at level 8. Not sure how I'll progress on either of them, though -- sadly, STO is not very good at explaining how things work. I'm basically going completely trial-and-error here, and hoping that my experience playing the Neverwinter MMO will help me at least a little bit in regards to how some things work (like duty officers in STO equating to Professions in Neverwinter, for instance).
    "Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong." -- Dennis Miller

I started back in early September and have been satisfied with ground missions and space combat.

Only gripe is that I feel players progress too fast. In games like World of Tanks and War Thunder you grind up the levels at ever a more slowed down pace. Easily take a year or two unless your a non-stop addict to progress through the levels.

I play only online rpg games!!
    Last edited by Sooqa; 07-22-2020 at 12:47 AM.