Thread: Building the ships from Enterprise?

Building the ships from Enterprise?

Can we build the ships from Enterprise using the TOS rules? I'm still very new to the Spacedock system and would like to get some idea on what limitations should be placed on vessels from that era?

Thanks.
    "Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise, Under Captain Kirk.
    Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse."
    Star Trekkin' by The Firm.

There has been some work started on this subject, Here are some older threads you might want to look at:
    Phased Plasma Weapons http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread.php?t=13902
    Accelerator Cannons http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread.php?t=13907

Have fun designing ZeroArmour.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

So other than the weapons, TOS tech holds for ENT?

Also, is there an official rule for Polarized Hull Plating?
    "Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise, Under Captain Kirk.
    Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse."

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroArmour View Post
    Also, is there an official rule for Polarized Hull Plating?
    I'm not sure what 'official' would constitute in this case. Word from Steve?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I'm not sure what 'official' would constitute in this case. Word from Steve?
    Since he devised "Spacedock" his voice would be the official one, but failing that I'll listen to anyone better at this than me...

Which would be almost anyone just now.

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    Omega1967 had linked, or uploaded some impressive spacedock files, that included Enterprise Era ships.

I have included them here, as my search skills to link the threads is failing me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Interresting, though he does talk about misuse of SUs...

Here try this collection of ship we used in our adventures when we weredoing a stint in the 22nd century. Inside are some of the notes that I used to construct ships. The above listed collections have re-edited notes. On paper I have even more updated notes that I will get typed up and post when I can.

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/attachment...1&d=1119422445

The miss uses of SU's pertain to the vessels that are Created Using a ship such as the Reman WArbird or the IKS Gorkon from a Klingon book series. Generally they end up adding up far over the SU's listed in spacedock. Other words play it by ear. Good luck.

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    Hey Omega, that is some impressive work stating out all those ships!

Nice work, and thanks.

Well, if these stats are gold I guess it'd be a waste of time going over old ground...

Hmmm?

What else could I do?

Here is the updated notes that I said that I would post when I had time. The differnt colar changes are progressive notes as I have refined the creation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's an interesting thought.

According to the new "Enterprise" relaunch books, the Daedalus Class was originally built in the 2140s. When the Earth Romulan War started, they began a renewed building program and began updating them with NX tech.

Makes you wonder what those stats would look like?

Have we ever been told how big the Daedalus Class is? If not from a "canon" source, then simply from a secondary source? See the problem I have with the oft quoted 105 meters is that the damn thing is claimed to take 230 crew! That's a lot for such a little ship.

Anyway, here's a deck layout for the Daedalus Class with 12 decks, at both 105 & 120 meters. I can't remember where I found them, but kudos go to the artist who ever it was.

And here's one at 125 & 140 meters, the windows still don't match up with the decks, just like the smaller versions of the ship. As you can see she's got 15 decks here.

And lastly, an 18 deck version. At this layout the windows seem to line up nicely, and her length or 150 or 180 meters seems more reasonable.

So, which size is realistic?