Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Beyond the Final Frontier] Big Announcement!

Vis-a-vis the Intruders. I'm not sure which version you have.

I've done some revisions to all of the pieces I'm tossing into the pyre.

That having been said I'll send my latest version and let you use which version you think best.

Quote Originally Posted by selek View Post
    Vis-a-vis the Intruders. I'm not sure which version you have.

I've done some revisions to all of the pieces I'm tossing into the pyre.

That having been said I'll send my latest version and let you use which version you think best.
    Whichever one you sent me last is probably it. I'm trying to track down which email it came through...

On another note, I also realized the DS9 Season 1 article is about half-done, too, so that might be something I can put together pretty quick.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    For those of you inclined to such things, I've put together a Beyond the Final Frontier group on Facebook, so please come and show your support! The link is in my sig.
    What no BTFF group on TrekRPGnet?!?!?! OR no announce on Coda Webzine Y! Group?
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Its the hip new thing. Use Facebook rather than a dedicated website
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Okie-dokie then!

I've sent four packs of adventures for review/submission/inclusion.

Assuming they meet with Patrick's arduous standards of quality, diction, and coherence (okay, well, maybe)- we should be seeing the following:

Homefront (a TOS/Movie era adventure)
    Edge of the Abyss (a TOS/Movie era adventure)
    The Intruders (a TOS/Movie era adventure)
    The Trumpets Call (a TOS/Movie era adventure)
    Ring of Fire (a post-DS9 adventure)
    A Taste of Ashes (a post-DS9 era adventure)
    Incident At Saldana IV (a re-boot era adventure)
    The Codex (1 of 3 short DS9 era adventures in the Sentinel Mini-Campaign)
    The Skies of November (2 of 3 short DS9 era adventures in the Sentinel Mini-Campaign)
    The Hunt (3 of 3 short DS9 era adventures in the Sentinel Mini-Campaign)

The Royal Oak Class battlecruiser- a derivative (not a variant) of the Sovereign class.

I have at least fifteen more adventures percolating as we speak- and if the doctors don't change my meds, they should be ready sooner rather than later!

K.G. Carlson, your stats for the Lightning Class blockade runner and Liberty class freighter show up in The Hunt with appropriate citation.....Thanks for saving me that much work!
    Last edited by selek; 05-27-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Counted count past ten with my shoes on.....

Just because I'm feeling feisty and obnoxious, I'm throwing down a challenge:

I just submitted eleven adventures and a starship to BTFF.

In the words of Captain Pike, "I DARE YOU TO DO BETTER."

[nefarious laughter]bwaa haaa haaa haaa[/nefarious laughter]

Is there anyone out there brave/stubborn/foolish enough to take up that gauntlet?

Quote Originally Posted by selek View Post
    K.G. Carlson, your stats for the Lightning Class blockade runner and Liberty class freighter show up in The Hunt with appropriate citation.....Thanks for saving me that much work!
    I'm honored to appear as crewman #5 in the works of such a prestigious adventure-creator. Glad to help
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by K.G. Carlson View Post
    ....appear as crewman #5 ....
    Dagnabit!

Now I'm gonna have to go watch that again!

I will state proudly, however, that no crushy-chompy-smashy things appear anywhere in my adventures.

Although I will now have to write at least one scene in which the creature materializes inside out- and explodes.

I also have to say that Fred is my kind of engineer:

- He's comparatively easy going.
    - He finds unusual solutions to complex problems.

and best of all,

- He gets the girl!
    Last edited by selek; 05-27-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Poor Crewman Guy!

I am not brave enough to take up the gauntlet, but I will certainly be reading them over!
    Ta Muchly

Wink

"I wanna go back to the ship!"
    "After the fuss you made?"

Yes, Crewman Guy realised (poor sucker) that he was Mr. Redshirt for real...
    And he was on borrowed time.

"You have a last name, Guy..."
    "Do I? Do I? You don't know what it is!!"

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Patrick ! Congrats on BTFF ! I know you'll do a great job with the 'Zine just as you've been doing (and still do) with the site.

I can still send you stuff, right ? I mean you've got lots of cool stuff up there (Character sheets, ships, and so forth...) - and I keep on makin' stuff. So, I'll send it if you want. Most of my ships are just stat-blocks, admittedly, because they're usually just stuff we use in our series. But, I could do a 'Zine worthy article on the Expedition class. And on the development of the Alpha Flyer project.

Facebook - I don't do that. Way too many stalkers. That seems to happen to me. I don't know why.

What about a Yahoo Group ? I know there's a big one for FASA Trek (I'm a member), but I couldn't really find a good one for CODA. And I was surprised. A BTFF Yahoo group ?

Would that be cool ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Fridge View Post
    "I wanna go back to the ship!"
    "After the fuss you made?"

Yes, Crewman Guy realised (poor sucker) that he was Mr. Redshirt for real...
    And he was on borrowed time.
    One very subtle joke made at the end of the movie:

Guy thought he was safe, having broken "the curse" by becoming a named character in the spin-off show.

The problem is, he was the Chief of Security!

What happened to the named Chief of Security in the spin-off of Star Trek?

Quote Originally Posted by FASAGrrl View Post
    What about a Yahoo Group ? I know there's a big one for FASA Trek (I'm a member), but I couldn't really find a good one for CODA. And I was surprised. A BTFF Yahoo group ?

Would that be cool ?
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, and someone mentioned a CODA group on Yahoo to me once...but I use Yahoo so seldom that I'd really need someone else to kind of point me in the right direction.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, and someone mentioned a CODA group on Yahoo to me once...but I use Yahoo so seldom that I'd really need someone else to kind of point me in the right direction.
    I think there's already a Yahoo group for the eZine. I was thinking more of one like the FASA group, where members post their ships, and files, and stuff. Then you could go in and harvest material for the 'Zine ?

I'm an old hand at Yahoo groups. I've been running at least 1 or 2 at a time since 1999.

My only concern with such an endeavor as a Yahoo group is that if it's public AND we're posting files to it, then you wind up with many different versions of the same material.

Such a group would likely also compete with BTFF both as an e-zine and as a central clearing house of CODATrek support materials.

Why bother cleaning up and posting material at either BTFF or the e-zine when it already exists at the Yahoo group?