Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CODA TOS Artemis Class (USS Bretagne) NCC-1899

CODA TOS Artemis Class (USS Bretagne) NCC-1899

UPDATED 09/17

Yes, "Pasadena Shipyards." Don't take this one too seriously. We even considered putting a spoiler on the aft section.
    Last edited by Cdre Bob Wesley; 09-17-2010 at 04:24 AM. Reason: New pics added
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

This is going to sound weird, but that's actually my favourite schematic-kitbash design that I've seen. Although, I'd try to round off the corners of the aft section for a TOSsier look.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    This is going to sound weird, but that's actually my favourite schematic-kitbash design that I've seen. Although, I'd try to round off the corners of the aft section for a TOSsier look.
    We wanted to see how close we could get to combining unique and iconic, so we went with "the inverted Miranda."

We found a guy that made a 24th century version of this already in CADS, but the bottom rollbar is less than stellar.

Little did we know that Paramount beat us all to it a long time ago.

"These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

I particularly like the motto of your ship. A nice twisting of the familiar phrase which stays completely faithful to spirit of Star Trek
    By the way, is the ship named from the French region, or is it another historical reference ?
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by C5 View Post
    I particularly like the motto of your ship. A nice twisting of the familiar phrase which stays completely faithful to spirit of Star Trek
    By the way, is the ship named from the French region, or is it another historical reference ?
    French region. The design, stats, and name were a 2 week collaborative effort with my 4 players. I was pretty much, "Hey, it's your ship. I want you to feel like you own it!"

So we took a session out just to vote on design candidates and names and such.

Our assignment patch was the idea of my friend Matt, who's playing the captain.
    He actually got it from the field on the regional flag, of all places. lol.

I've got some modeling experience, so I'm doing up a miniature from some micro machines I chopped up. Still looking for a guy with CAD skills who'll do commission work.

Thanks for the kind words C5 & TTK, I'll pass it on. It was a labor of love for all of us.
    Last edited by Cdre Bob Wesley; 05-20-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Pics too big.

Apparently, Polar Lights Round 2 will be coming out with a 1:1000 Reliant to go with their Constitution and Refit, So you'll be able to do a large(ish) kit-bash.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Apparently, Polar Lights Round 2 will be coming out with a 1:1000 Reliant to go with their Constitution and Refit, So you'll be able to do a large(ish) kit-bash.
    Oh wow. That's amazing. I was planning on doing just that, but Reliant kits were so hard to get!

Thanks for the head's up!

Cool

Pics updated.

Cool

This is the 1:3788 scale miniature that I constructed for our campaign.

It's a kitbash of 2 Star Trek Micro Machine toys and loads of CA glue. Decals by Mark's Starfighter Decals.

The design wouldn't accommodate the regular Micro Machine stand, so I modified it with a tine off a plastic dinner fork.

Over the summer, I'll be working on a 1:1000 scale model of the same ship.
    Last edited by Cdre Bob Wesley; 06-15-2010 at 12:38 AM.

How's it going?

Still hoping for some new kitbash pics here now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Cut View Post
    How's it going?

Still hoping for some new kitbash pics here now and then
    Thanks. It's more difficult than I thought, since there are no mass-produced 1/1000 versions of the Reliant yet.

Updated and moved to our campaign canon wiki.

That is one awesome campaign you've got going on! <sigh> Makes me wish my last one had continued, rather than just fizzled out.

p.s. I really enjoy your starship design too!

You gonna Asspierce-me, or just send me a dead Rat?
    Whoa, cool photomanipulation there, matey! I wouldn't mind too much thr', seeing more of that vessel.
    "Always beware of anything said by a person with a smile." -Cronan-sama
    http://www.cronan-memorial.com

http://sites.google.com/site/memoryeta
    Initially Trek, but haphazard Archival Site, no need to make it a Wiki.

http://web.archive.org/web/200410151.../ssd/ssds.html
    Don Miller's SSDs for Star Fleet Battles are here, axing the URL past sfb takes you to the main site.

I love your design and the miniature you produced.

If you make another one, some of the SFU ship miniatures might be a good base. When I first saw this thread the design reminded me a bit of the Federation NCL: http://store.starfleetstore.com/merc...tegory_Code=FM

It might be hard to convert though the more I look at it!

Anyway great job