Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CODA TOS Artemis Class (USS Bretagne) NCC-1899

Cool! I have always liked the Inverted design of the Miranda Class starship. I made several versions of the Miranda class and few of them are listed on the this site.

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...hlight=Miranda

Personally I find the inverted design is mor functional than the movie version in a combat situation.

Quote Originally Posted by iltharanos View Post
    That is one awesome campaign you've got going on! <sigh> Makes me wish my last one had continued, rather than just fizzled out.
    I'm sorry to hear that. This campaign was a lot of fun. Coda is a great all-around system for this sort of thing. None of us ever tried to role-play a TV show before. I wanted to see if I could take some of the oldest TV tropes from sci-fi and put a new spin on 'em. IT WORKED. All of my players were entertained and (best of all) surprised.

I hope to get all the episode summaries up soon. Sorry I haven't updated the wiki in a long time. The campaign goes to 15 episodes (story arcs), and it all ends next week. It's been over a year since I started.

After this, we're going to try Decipher LOTR (my BFF is a huge Tolkien fan).

p.s. I really enjoy your starship design too!
    Thank you. That means a lot. Your players tend to get more attached to the ship when they're part of the design process. We started out with half-a-dozen or so designs and did an elimination vote. Runner up was a retro TOS-style version of the Intrepid class.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteo View Post
    Whoa, cool photomanipulation there, matey! I wouldn't mind too much thr', seeing more of that vessel.
    I've been trying to find someone to digitally render it.

So far no takers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    I love your design and the miniature you produced.
    Thank you. I hope it catches on somewhere within the wider fanon or something. Maybe even make it to Memory Beta.

If you make another one, some of the SFU ship miniatures might be a good base. When I first saw this thread the design reminded me a bit of the Federation NCL: http://store.starfleetstore.com/merc...tegory_Code=FM
    That sir, is a great idea. I might try that sometime in the future. I'm still waiting for Polar Lights to produce a 1:000 Miranda class so I can build a kitbash.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega1967 View Post
    Cool! I have always liked the Inverted design of the Miranda Class starship. I made several versions of the Miranda class and few of them are listed on the this site.
    Thanks for the links. In my campaign canon, there were only two of this type put into service. The Bretagne is the second of its class.
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

You gonna Asspierce-me, or just send me a dead Rat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdre Bob Wesley View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. This campaign was a lot of fun. Coda is a great all-around system for this sort of thing. None of us ever tried to role-play a TV show before. I wanted to see if I could take some of the oldest TV tropes from sci-fi and put a new spin on 'em. IT WORKED. All of my players were entertained and (best of all) surprised.

I hope to get all the episode summaries up soon. Sorry I haven't updated the wiki in a long time. The campaign goes to 15 episodes (story arcs), and it all ends next week. It's been over a year since I started.

After this, we're going to try Decipher LOTR (my BFF is a huge Tolkien fan).

...Yeah, I know, it's pretty fascinating, thurrr. Thanks a lot for the comment, there.

Thank you. That means a lot. Your players tend to get more attached to the ship when they're part of the design process. We started out with half-a-dozen or so designs and did an elimination vote. Runner up was a retro TOS-style version of the Intrepid class.

So far no takers.

Thank you. I hope it catches on somewhere within the wider fanon or something. Maybe even make it to Memory Beta.

That sir, is a great idea. I might try that sometime in the future. I'm still waiting for Polar Lights to produce a 1:000 Miranda class so I can build a kitbash. (...I M AH TRENDIE LOLZ...)

Thanks for the links. In my campaign canon, there were only two of this type put into service. The Bretagne is the second of its class.
    ...And thanks a lot for commenting on my (rather subjective, thr') comment, thr...
    "Always beware of anything said by a person with a smile." -Cronan-sama
    http://www.cronan-memorial.com

http://sites.google.com/site/memoryeta
    Initially Trek, but haphazard Archival Site, no need to make it a Wiki.

http://web.archive.org/web/200410151.../ssd/ssds.html
    Don Miller's SSDs for Star Fleet Battles are here, axing the URL past sfb takes you to the main site.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdre Bob Wesley View Post

So far no takers.
    It is pretty intensive.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

The USS Bretagne was decommissioned in late 2271. Her prototype systems were analyzed and integrated into the refit of the USS Enterprise during that same year. The Artemis class design (of which Bretagne was the only surviving vessel of three) is discontinued indefinitely.

Bretagne's first and only Captain, Commander Maxwell Harper, sacrificed his life to a cosmic entity to save the lives of his crew. His legacy becomes a frequent reference point of Ethics 101 instructors at Starfleet Academy.
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."