Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Maquis Sourcebook.

The Maquis Sourcebook.

Greetings all.

My Maquis sourcebook is now complete and available thanks to the tireless efforts of BrianK and his army of Adobe Elves.

Temporarily the file is available through a Yahoo-egroups along with some CODA conversions of the Starships as a seperate file. Unfortunatly you will need to sign on the the group to get the file, but I have set that for instant access. I have however asked Don if it can be available through the main TrekRPG site to make it totally available accross the board without signing onto anything.

The group page is;

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maquis_sourcebook

Feel free to have a look and give your feedback.

Thanks alot.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I've just finished reading the book and I'd like to say that it 's top notch. Personallly, the Maquis never interested me much except as an aside but the book was still thouroghly enjoyable and thought provoking, especially for implications of the rebel mindset.

Great Stuff!

later days,

Mark
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'

Thumbs up yeehaaa!

Marvellous!

A fantastic piece of literature! This will be used a hell of a lot!

Many thanks

Keep up the good work!
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

Perrryyy Guest
    Downloaded and browsing through it now

Talking We are aware of a technical dificulty

BrianKs PDF Elves are being sent back to work. Fixing some of the minor glitches.

For those that need to know the Picture of the Bok'Nor shouldn't be there, and the text that should be there and on page 7, will soon read;

The Maquis first struck in 2370, when they blew up the Cardassian Freighter the Bok’Nor leaving DS9, the following investigation led Commander Sisko into the Demilitarised zone were Gul Dukat showed that the recent treaty signed between the Federation and Cardassia had degraded into an increasingly violent war. The body of the Saboteur William Samual’s of the Bok’Nor was returned after his confession was extracted, he had allegedly committed suicide in remorse, but the obvious Cardassian maltreatment drove the Maquis into continued, escalating retaliation, revealing Starfleet Officer Lt. Commander Calvin Hudson to defect from Starfleet and take charge of the Maquis and declare war on the Cardassian Union.

In their heyday between 2370 and 2373 the Maquis had become a serious threat to the Cardassian border security, and turned from a minor irritant harassing lightly defended targets and shipping lanes to a major annoyance, taking on Major Cardassian Navy vessels in open combat. Though never considered a serious threat to Cardassian sovereignty, the constant guerrilla warfare, combined with the famed Cardassian stubbornness and inability to accept fault, they may even have been partially responsible for both the Invasion of Cardassia by the Klingon Empire in 2372, and the following Cardassian alliance with the Dominion in 2373.

As the Maquis racked up minor successes and evaded many Cardassian attempts at bringing them to Cardassian ‘justice’, the war reached it hottest periods, with open combat within the DMZ. Maquis ships would use hit and run tactics choosing their targets carefully, they would appear, striking fast, hard and mercilessly… Then they would fade, often splitting up to make pursuit more difficult and then individual ships would bolt for safety… Often the Badlands offered sanctuary, its strong plasma storms causing havoc for the larger warships of the Cardassian navy, while the smaller vessels, immensely outclassed by their pursuer would find itself suddenly in a superior position, its small size and manoeuvrability making it ideal for navigating the Plasma storms.

The Cardassians suffered defeat after defeat against this ‘irritant’. A small disorganised group of rebels besting the Cardassian navy time and time again. They became increasingly concerned with bringing the Maquis to the full extent of Cardassian justice, and began trying to infiltrate agents into the organisation, and setting Commanders with a reputation as ‘Bloodhounds’ to border patrol duties. It wasn’t long before the DMZ looked like a small scale open war, and yet still the Federation stood by and did nothing.

But it was the discovery of the Dominion in the Gamma quadrant that dropped the first domino in the chain reaction that led to Galactic War. The discovery of the Changelings as leaders of the Dominion shocked the Cardassians. The Obsidian Order had infiltrated hundreds of agents in the guise of alien species over the years, and understood the power that a shapeshifter had in an intelligence war. This made them concerned and paranoid enough to contact their closest rivals the Tal Shiar. From their the two intelligence agents began plotting, the Cardassians shared the information they had on
    Pray for the Elves. BrianK is a hard task-master!
    Last edited by Dan Gurden; 11-09-2002 at 02:54 PM.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

The document has been updated and is now fully operational. There is no need to evacuate in our moment of triumph.

BrianK does it again. Thank you Brian.

You should download the thing again if you were already quick off the mark. The errors have been fixed.
    DanG/Darth Gurden

Nice work. What I find especially funny is that Tuvok come up along with all the other bad guys
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Do you Yahoo? Nope.

I'll just wait until it becomes available on Trekrpg.net, I have never been able to get Yahoo groups to work properly. I am interested to read it though, sounds very interesting.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Good work!!!!!

Re: Do you Yahoo? Nope.

Originally posted by Publius
    I'll just wait until it becomes available on Trekrpg.net, I have never been able to get Yahoo groups to work properly. I am interested to read it though, sounds very interesting.
    Me too.

Could someone email it to me?

adyngaf@yahoo.com
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

Dan, with your Permission could I post it to my site so that others can download it easier?

Seems that, almost simultaneously, Dan and I were working on a similar solution, Matt.

The file has a new place for download at:
    http://www.jonasbashir.com.ar/files/Maquis_SB.zip

Enjoy!
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Thanks.

Just curious, is that the updated version.
    Kronok

I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly because we are Jem’Hadar. Remember, victory is life.

"The D20 System is the heart of the classic fantasy roleplaying experience, the game that has taught us all how to be munchkins. There is no way we could do it with any other system."

I'm getting the most updated version right now. Wait half an hour and download it.

I just downloaded it, and I'm getting the format problems on page six and seven -- despite the fact that all the previous messages on this board appear to indicate that the format problems were fixed! Basically, page seven is blank, and I'm getting a pop-up that says I need to load Japanese Language substitution fonts.

Sigh.

Did I do something horribly, horribly wrong? Oh, woe is me...
    Voka a Bentel
    (May you walk with the Prophets),

Lt. Jabara Eris
    DS18 Station Counselor, Prylar and All-Around Groovy Guy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... Let us never forget Bajor's sacrifices under the Cardassian Occupation ...
    ... http://remember-forever.tripod.com ...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~