Thread: Using Micro Machines for RPGs. . .

Question Using Micro Machines for RPGs. . .

Anyone else do this?

I got a TOS Enterprise and decided to customize it, but have no idea what scale this is for decals.
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

One of the problems with the MicroMachines (which I use myself) is that they do not use a consistent scale.

They're not even in scale to one another- let alone to much else.

They do come in awful handy on a combat grid though (if nothing else, you can throw them at recalcitrant players).

Talking

That is weird, selek. I actually did that once -- I used the Spacedock model as a "ranged attack" on one player who was being disruptive...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Fridge View Post
    That is weird, selek. I actually did that once -- I used the Spacedock model as a "ranged attack" on one player who was being disruptive...
    In my Serenity game, I use glass craft beads (like little half marbles) to keep track of plot points.

After one particularly rowdy session, I took to carrrying (and playing with at the table) a smallish slingshot....

The games have been remarkably less rowdy (but not less fun) since then.....

The TOS Enterprise is 287m long, so it should be easy to calculate the scale using simple arithmetic. I used to be able to do that in my head before my stroke. Now I use the calculator function on my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    The TOS Enterprise is 287m long, so it should be easy to calculate the scale using simple arithmetic. I used to be able to do that in my head before my stroke. Now I use the calculator function on my PC.
    The Micro Machines TOS Enterprise is exactly 7.5 centimeters long.
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

If I did my math correctly, that work out to 1/3850th scale.

7.5 cm = 287 m

2.952 inches = 947.1 feet

2.952 inches = 11365.2 inches

1 inch = 3850.2 inches

Good luck finding accessories!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cdre Bob Wesley View Post
    Anyone else do this?

I got a TOS Enterprise and decided to customize it, but have no idea what scale this is for decals.
    I just found out these are a dead-on match with Reliant and Enterprise. Working w/them right now.