Thread: Dulcais Sector Sourcebook

Arrow Dulcais Sector Sourcebook

The Dulcais Sector Sourcebook is a sourcebook for the Star Trek ICON System RPG. Dulcais is a sector that is coming of age, but it is still a frontier in many ways.

The Dulcais Sector is the setting of Anomaly TrekMUX, which has recently reopened its doors for online, text-based roleplay. Come by and play with us!

You can download the DSSB here.

PS: Two users from Trek-RPG.net helped to proofread an earlier version; phoenix, and... Someone else. For the life of me, I cannot find the notes that indicated who the second person was. If you helped to proofread, please send me a private message, and I will get this credit oversight corrected.

PPS: Owen, feel free to Memory Iconize this.

Nice layout, loving the graphics - All though I'm not remembering doing such an action for you, I sure if I did my wife Thia did some if not most of my portion of that proofreading. But at any rate, its Phoenix Merrick
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    Great work.

Look forward to getting into this.

Thanks for posting this for all of us to enjoy.

Brian K

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Nice layout, loving the graphics - All though I'm not remembering doing such an action for you, I sure if I did my wife Thia did some if not most of my portion of that proofreading. But at any rate, its Phoenix Merrick
    What you guys proofed was just the crunchy bits, the overlays and ship stats and such. And it was five years ago.

Doh, I'm sorry I messed up on your credit. I'll fix that.

All fixed up, Phoenix. Again, my apologies.

And thanks, Brian K!

Some nice touches in the sourcebook. I liked the incorporation of Barash & the Alpha Onias system -- and the use of Klingons as 'the off-screen nasties'.

The shuttle full of previously-dead officers rocking up to the hangar bay must have freaked people out!
    "What? I was only gone two weeks. You look like you've seen a ghost!"

Very nice. Do you mind if I put this up on Memory: ICON?

Oops - Just read the PPS. Thanks, I'll get it up soonest.
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 06-12-2010 at 10:46 AM.

OK, it's been ICONified. It only took my 3 minutes to DL it on the hospital Hi-Speed, but 3 hours to UL it to my FTP host. I Hate dial-up.

Nice!!

One error I've noticed so far: The map on page 12 refers to the Duclais system, vice the Dulcais system.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
    Nice!!

One error I've noticed so far: The map on page 12 refers to the Duclais system, vice the Dulcais system.
    This is the sound that a forehead makes when it hits a desk. Thanks for spotting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton
    OK, it's been ICONified. It only took my 3 minutes to DL it on the hospital Hi-Speed, but 3 hours to UL it to my FTP host. I Hate dial-up.
    Thanks Owen!

Talking

Come on, typing at speed always throws up errors!

I can't recall how many times I've mispelled "the" and "there" when an idea hits...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Fridge View Post
    Come on, typing at speed always throws up errors!

I can't recall how many times I've mispelled "the" and "there" when an idea hits...
    Yeah, but that typo has been in there for a long time, now, and has many eyes upon it. Oh well. I'll fix it if I also get other needed fixes.

As per your earlier post, yeah, the crew coming back from the dead was pretty funny. It spawned all kinds of RP with the counselors.

For those who may not know what Anomaly is, it is a text-based Trek game that runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is duty RP, social RP, as well as narrator-run Episodes. The code is top-notch, with many 'special effects' that give an immersion in the Trek experience (equipment, uniforms, interactive computers, communications system, reports system, etc).

There is no coded space like on other Trek games; instead, all of the roleplay happens on one ship and one space station, so there is almost always something going on near you.

For the reopening, we are rebooting the game and nullifying all previous canon, and pretty much starting up a new campaign in the old setting. We are very friendly toward new people, and there are easy tutorials that help get people acquainted with the server.

If you're interested, find a client (such as SimpleMU or MUSHclient), and connect to 'anomaly.mushpark.com 2120'. If you need help, feel free to PM.

An example of Anomaly's play, during a busy night in Sickbay.

At the biobed, T'Vanhi says to S'Vonek, "I will be happy to speak for you as a doctor, first. Your vital signs are stable, although your heartrate is slightly elevated. This may be a result of continuing effects of the biotoxin, or simple physical stress." She offers the PADD to Adams, upon which a full report of the Vulcan's status is displayed. "As a Vulcan... I can speak with confidence of Vulcan biofeedback technique. However, I cannot guarantee how such a near-lethal dosage of psilocybin might affect your control of same. My recommendation is a period of observation here, either under mild sedation or the restraining field. If, after that period, I deem it appropriate, I will certainly present your request to the Commander, with my support."

March steps up to the next biobed in line, that containing Ensign Grimm, and brings the display to life with a gesture. "Hello, there. I'm Dr. March. What can I do for you, Ensign?"

GAME: Adams has the merit of Sense Of Character at 2.

March approaches Biobed 2.

Meyer sees that Adams and T'Vanhi have everything in order, she heads over to see Petty. "Alright, Ensign. I'm guessing that this is just a routine physical or is there a bigger concern?" She asks as she makes her way to the bed and taps the controls to life.

Meyer approaches Biobed 3.

At the biobed, S'Vonek keeps his eyes closed, then says, "I must meditate, to help clear my mind." That should be enough for T'Vanhi, if she familiar with Vulcan meditation. It requires solitude, or at least a goodly amount of quiet. "The damage done is not to my body."

GAME: Adams contests her Presence/empathy (claiming Advantage) vs S'Vonek's Presence/willpower and Fails.

"I'm just here for my routine physical. Reporting for duty and all." Petty adds, "I filed my report but haven't actually met my department head just yet, so I doubt there's an open report for the physical and all. Ensign Danica Petty."