Thread: Bajor

Bajor

http://coldnorth.com/owen/game/start...ajor/bajor.htm

I've relocated my campaign from the Triangle to the Bajor Sector, specifically anoth Cardassian Mining Station called Cretok Nor. Above is the link to my page on Bajor. I know there are quite a few Bajoran fans out there. Tellme what you think!

Looks pretty good to me. Very well done, very formal. I like it.

Agreed. The sort of 'quick reference' an LCARS display would put up on a terminal or a padd.

Adding in the okudagrams really adds to the Trek 'feel' of the page.

And here's a map of the Bajor Sector...

http://coldnorth.com/owen/game/start...ger/sector.htm

Looks quite good! I am fairly sure there were quite a few expanded universe details in the DS9 book or one of the suplements. Been a while since I dug those out. And remember, it's not a Wormhole, it's a 12 Dimensional helical, Verteron driven tunnelling phenomenon If you can pick it up the DS9 technical manual is a great book (even if most of the sizes and speeds of ships are horrendously inaccurate!) It's also got deck plans of the (smaller version) Defiant and a lot of the Stations deck layout
    Ta Muchly

Thank. I have the DS9TM and agree with you on the book. They need to have a fan editor go over such things...

Based on Cretok Nor are two characters whose names may be familiar to you: "Liquidator" Queeg and "Daimon" Bonk. Queeg and Bonk appear by arrangement with Steve Cook and Eric Rush. Also included are deckplans for Queeg's ship, the Elegant Pelican.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    Looks quite good! I am fairly sure there were quite a few expanded universe details in the DS9 book or one of the suplements. Been a while since I dug those out. And remember, it's not a Wormhole, it's a 12 Dimensional helical, Verteron driven tunnelling phenomenon If you can pick it up the DS9 technical manual is a great book (even if most of the sizes and speeds of ships are horrendously inaccurate!) It's also got deck plans of the (smaller version) Defiant and a lot of the Stations deck layout
    My favourite part of the DS9TM is the part where it basically says, "Look, replicating stuff is great if you're flying around with a gigantic, potentially lethal, highly unstable reactor underneath you, and it saves a lot of space and time with storing and recycling foodstuffs, but it's actually grossly inefficient compared to mechanized agriculture and specialized, non-replicator industrial production methods." It's a nice bit of reframing the Trek-tech along DS9's presentation of the world as a balanced only-kinda-utopia.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    My favourite part of the DS9TM is the part where it basically says, "Look, replicating stuff is great if you're flying around with a gigantic, potentially lethal, highly unstable reactor underneath you, and it saves a lot of space and time with storing and recycling foodstuffs, but it's actually grossly inefficient compared to mechanized agriculture and specialized, non-replicator industrial production methods." It's a nice bit of reframing the Trek-tech along DS9's presentation of the world as a balanced only-kinda-utopia.
    There was a DS9 episode which involved ferrying industrial-grade replicators to Cardassia after the Klingon attack because so much damage was done to the Cardassian infrastructure.
    Which was fine until the Maquis stole the @&*&% things...