Thread: 2260s - era TOS escape pods?

Question 2260s - era TOS escape pods?

I can't find any!

I expected to see a design somewhere. . .! Not even fanon?
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

Exclamation Wow. . .finally!

h/t to "Reverend Trigster" of shipschematics.net

"These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

Wot. Not even that 1 man pod that semi-appeared in the last movie?

OK. I admit we didn't see much of it...

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/st09sbcom/13.jpg
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Cool Only natural to pimp my own ride. . .

. . .not like we'll 'ahem' need it.

The next question is: where would they be carried aboard the Constitution class?

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...ip_classes.htm

IMO, the Constitution refit would keep them in the same sections as before refit, as the priority would be on safety--rather than engineering/design.

Additionally, if something as small as a lifeboat location would threaten ship design, then I doubt you could call it a "refit" to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdre Bob Wesley View Post
    I can't find any!

I expected to see a design somewhere. . .! Not even fanon?
    I think I used to have a copy of the USS Enterprise Officers Manual from the 80's. Didn't it have a schematic that said that the turbolift cars were escape pods? I'll have to see if I still have my copy. As mentioned above, not sure how they would leave the ship.

Isn't the first mention of escape pods on screen in TOS at the end of the Kobayashi Maru test by Lt. Saavik?
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

Quote Originally Posted by trynda1701 View Post
    I think I used to have a copy of the USS Enterprise Officers Manual from the 80's. Didn't it have a schematic that said that the turbolift cars were escape pods? I'll have to see if I still have my copy. As mentioned above, not sure how they would leave the ship.
    Well...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    That would work....!
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

Quote Originally Posted by trynda1701 View Post

Isn't the first mention of escape pods on screen in TOS at the end of the Kobayashi Maru test by Lt. Saavik?
    CBW, I forgot about this resource...

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...ers-Manual.php

Have a look here, scroll down to page 40 for the turbolift page.