Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WizKids/NECA Star Trek Clix

Te plastic detail can be a bit soft at times and the paint jobs range from good to passable thankfully I'm a fan of repainting Pre-Painted minis. I'm going to watch this with both anticipation and trepidation.

Those models look pretty neat.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I'll second that.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

I wish they would give us a bit more info about the game already.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryx_uk View Post
    I wish they would give us a bit more info about the game already.
    You mean like this...

http://io9.com/5613267/wizkids-plann...tar-trek-games
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

Cool. Thanks for posting that. Sounds very interesting. Now to get some of my gaming buddies to try it when it comes out.

That's... eerily close to ideas I had about how to do a Trek minis game, were you to combine them both in one game.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    That's... eerily close to ideas I had about how to do a Trek minis game, were you to combine them both in one game.
    Great minds think alike...or have the Wizkids PsiCorp operatives been picking your brains? You decide!
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

thanks for the article posts, guys. Scale or not, the ships look nice.

I was hoping for something a little less ... specific ... for the mission based game. Something presenting a variety of possible missions, or combinations of problems to solve. Ah well.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Some more info in the form of an interview with the Product Development manager at Wizkids...

http://http://thehopelessgamer.blogspot.com/2010/09/gencon-interview-wizkids-talks-star.html

Interesting points about the mini prototypes, and also about what ISN'T coming out (read the post and see!)

I'm so wanting to play that Star Trek Fleet Captain Game right about now!

What ships are we expecting? The interview says 10 to 12 ships per side. Let's stick to the Federation side. What classes will be included?

Some ships I could see being used of the top of my head, sorted roughly by era.
    My guesses which class will be included are marked with an *.

NX-class[*]
    Deadalus-class

Constitution-class
    (Constitution-class refit?)[*]
    Miranda-class[*]
    Oberth-class
    Excelsior-class[*]

Constellation-class[*]
    Ambassador-class[*]

Galaxy-class [explicitly mentioned/seen][*]
    Nebula-class[*]

Intrepid-class [explicitly mentioned/seen][*]

Akira-class[*]
    Saber-class[*]
    Steamrunner-class
    Norway-class

Souvereign-class [explicitly mentioned/seen][*]

I'm not sure about the Runabouts from DS9, so I left them out.

I would be hard pressed to get together 10-12 different classes of Klingon (or later on Romulan) ships. Therefore I'm afraid that we won't see 12 ships per side, but ratehr 8 - 10.

In my oppinion, the mentioned expansion boxes might not come as pure Faction boxed sets (like a mentioned pure Romulan box) but will most likely include a variety of ships from associated powers. Dominion ships and Cardassian ships in one box for example.

What do you think?

New images online

Dissapointing. I'm only interested in a ship combat varient. This just looks pants and boring.

Each to his own. Ships prototypes were shown earlier in the thread. There have been some questions (mostly from me, now that I think of it) about figures. If you don't like figures, my post was not aimed at you. Feel free to browse other areas of the forums.