So, the game is finally out. Picked up my order last week (one start and two booster displays). Didn't do too badly being only 8 ships down and found three of those of Ebay.

Played a few games now and even got a couple others from my local group interested. It's fun but it uses the standard HC rules which don't make any sense for a starship combat game. Some aspects are far too good. The Stealth power especially (which was broken under regular HC when I played it). Enough Klingon ships in the base set have Stealth that they can just shit in hindering terrain or on objects and not get shot. This forces the opponent to have to come in for close combat (with ships?).

Some powers need changing IMO, otherwise despite it being a ship combat game it can easily degenerate into a stalled close combat game in the middle of the board.

The game is fun (but frustrating at times) and I really hope that it makes enough that WK will continue to make expansions. I really want to see some other races than Fed's and Klingons.

Anyone else have any thoughts?