Thread: Forgot to bring a knife to the Gorn fight

Forgot to bring a knife to the Gorn fight

So at last night's session, the crew of the USS Helios retreived a Federation scientist from a Gorn funeral world, but not before the Gorn detected them. The Gorn demanded their surrender for such a heinous defilement. The PC first officer was in charge since the captain was KO'ed (from a conveniently exploded bridge panel). His solution - challenge the Gorn captain of the flotilla to single combat!

The Gorn accepted the challenge, and the fate of the entire Crew rested on the outcome of this fight. The acting captain beamed down unarmed. Seeing his opponent brought no weapons the Gorn discarded his and the brawl was on!

The fight turned out to be very brutal, and a lot of Courage later a worn down Gorn finally toppled to the KO section of my house rules. I just thought Lt. Commander Washington deserved a shout out. Human vs. Gorn in the Octagon? Yikes!

What spectacular exploits have your players pulled off lately?
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Well, not recently, but a few years back... I ran the Surprise Attack plot seed from Icon's Worlds of the Federation book. A group of junior officers from our campaign starship chose to tour the USS Asimov, a museum ship in orbit of Alpha Centauri IV... about ten minutes before a tranwarp portal opened and a big Sphere-shaped ship popped out.

So: the junior officers (and a 'tour group' of Academy Cadets) have the only armed ship that doesn't get smashed to bits a la Wolf 359... and they have to use the old hulk to tie up the bad guys long enough for reinforcements to warp in...

• Does skiing from the back of a starship at warp count? (hey, we used a tether) "Enlisted Andorian Security officer and a human female engineer"
    • Or dodging incoming fire by hiding under an Exploding Console of Doom (TM)? "Same Enlisted Security"
    • How about a prank war that went so far as to install holo-emitters down the halls before replacing the victims actual clothing with holographic equivalents (oh, did I forget to mention that the turbo-lifts weren't up-graded with the holo-emitters LOL) "that same enlisted engineer, yes we've had issues with her several times"
    • Performing an officer exchange with hostile Klingons to expedite a cease-fire, then challenging the largest klingon in the room by calling him a ferengi. "Vulcan/Romulan Security officer, man that fight was epic"

I could keep going but I think your seeing a pattern of D&D players in SPACE...
    -
    -
    -
    -
    I miss that game.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

The prank war in my campaign started with a stink bomb and ended up with someones quarters filled with whipped cream. After the avalanche in front of the captain he decided that the officers in question needed to learn how to work together giving me more than enough reason to run he required holodeck malfunction episode. The end result of this was the engineer getting shot in the chest by one of the player characters as he tried to help free them.

Quote Originally Posted by PicardX View Post
    The prank war in my campaign started with a stink bomb and ended up with someones quarters filled with whipped cream. After the avalanche in front of the captain he decided that the officers in question needed to learn how to work together giving me more than enough reason to run he required holodeck malfunction episode. The end result of this was the engineer getting shot in the chest by one of the player characters as he tried to help free them.
    Prank wars can be great fun, but I've never had one (in Trek anyway) turn deadly. When my first Trek group was going through the Academy mini-series, the players decided they'd had enough of their arch-nemesis. With some fiendish planning that included body-heat activated adhesive on a toilet seat and planting super-laxatives in the NPC's dinner...the end results of which were recorded and broadcast on the Academy net. And to make matters worse, his name was Rittenhouse, which rhymes with...yeah, they went there

But all that is over 10 campaign years ago. Too bad for the Crew that ol' Rittenhouse is about to make Captain Bwa-hahaha!
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?