Thread: Uss Bonstell

Uss Bonstell

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia

USS Bonestell (NCC-31600)
    Destroyed by the Borg at the Battle of Wolf 359 in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Emissary".[1] Was the first command held by Captain Kathryn Janeway, before leaving to command the USS Voyager in 2371.
    Wait... what?

Is this "official" has someone been playing with the wiki?

Quote Originally Posted by Damia_Raven View Post
    Wait... what?

Is this "official" has someone been playing with the wiki?
    Here's the Memory Alpha article for 'uss bonestell.' The Wikipedia articles for Trek are waste of time in comparison; MA is one of the few license/property wikis to really attract comprehensive community attention.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Another case of "vague and uncertain" canon, I think... After all, what was Picard doing in the 9 or so years between the loss of the Stargazer and his posting to the Enterprise-D? Leaving aside various novels, we don't know.

We know Janeway wasn't at Wolf 359 otherwise she would have mentioned it during Scorpion... she quoted a log from one of the survivors.

And if you look closely that Oberth (Bonestell) it gets royally creamed so I doubt there was anything left for her to command.

If I could find what episode her commanding the Bonstell was in... then I could possibly accept that she was aboard a "new" Bonstell or something like that.

Otherwise I'm going to edit the Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Damia_Raven View Post
    We know Janeway wasn't at Wolf 359 otherwise she would have mentioned it during Scorpion... she quoted a log from one of the survivors.
    Actually, she quoted Captain Amasov, which the STE speculates might have been the sole escapee of Wolf 359. There is no on-screen reference to that, though, and for the purposes of gaming it's probably best to leave that detail undetermined until it comes up in play.

If I could find what episode her commanding the Bonstell was in...
    It wasn't. There's apparently a reference to it in Jeri Taylor's novels, though.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    <snip>

It wasn't. There's apparently a reference to it in Jeri Taylor's novels, though.
    It was also name in Decipher's write up of Captain Janeway in the Narrator's Guide, too.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

I seem to recall Tuvok actually making mention of serving with Janeway prior to Voyager, possibly on the Bonestell, but it's been quite a while since I've watched any Trek TV episodes.

At any rate, Tuvok wasn't that impressed with Kathy's tactical skills at the time...