Thread: Driving question. . .

Question Driving question. . .

We're driving a Honda Element with a spare tire that causes the vehicle to veer to the left.

Considering that it's in the above condition, can it still haul a 250 lb. Hammond organ?

On the freeway?

What's the penalty to my skill test?
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

If it's an undersized spare, as is routine these days, I wouldn't use it to drive farther on or off the freeway than needed to get you to somewhere you can replace the original tire. I wouldn't carry cargo nor do any unnecessary driving until that tire has been replaced, those undersized spares are for emergency use only and are not meant to be long-term replacements.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Thumbs up

Thanks!

Now all I gotta do is tell my crazy friends that.
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

I'd say thats a -2 on a standard D6 test.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

The general rule is 80/80. That is 80 km at 80 km/h. For Yanks, it's 50/50 or 50 miles at 50 mph. Then the tire is considered beyond it usefulness. There shouldn't be a problem hauling a small load like 250lb, control issues aside. I wouldn't worry if the driver is reasonably skilled, but only in an emergency. These tires are meant as a stop-gap measure.