Thread: Decision at Midnight extras

Decision at Midnight extras

Greetin's!

While the construction of site content on my game group's site moves at a crawl (at least until the coup - stay tuned) I was sifting through my notes and thought this might prove of interest to you narrator's out there.

I use the Coda system for rules, but love the late 23rd century Trek as defined in the FASA universe. So I borrow heavily from those books for source material.

I kicked off a campaign last year with the FASA module Decision at Midnight. If you're not familiar with it, its more of a campaign primer than a mere adventure module.

Anyway, I put together the descriptions of the crew from their various locations in the module, including any physical descriptions and ages based on the year 2278 (since thats what year it was in my campaign at the time). Based on the turtleneck colors of the uniforms in the TOS movie Trek-verse, navigation and communication are filed under Science and helm is under Support. Also, since I am using Coda the Caitian first officer is listed as Regulan.

Attached below is a pdf of my notes and the original Word 2003 document if you'd like to borrow and edit. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

This is a good adventure, and I agree -- IMHO, whatever its flaws, the FASA universe was far more interesting than, well, anything that was done on screen/TV from 1986 onward.

I'm in the middle of GM'ing a PBEM game loosely based on this adventure right now using CODA rules. I expanded it a bit to include diplomacy with people from the planets, presenting a bit of a moral dilemma: what if the only way to prevent Klingon domination of Asparax was to cooperate with the slavers and pirates on Tortuga? More than one decision that has to be made at midnight in this case....

I am getting a lot of gaming out of this module.

I'm getting ready to end my first season and the Crew is heading to the Asparax Confederation with a Federation Ambassador. The events of the module are a year in the past and the Federation has delayed official recongition as long as it can. I haven't decided exactly how its all going to end, but the gems of Decision at Midnight have a lot of mileage left in them.

Good Trekkin' from the glory days of FASA!
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

Quite!

The "Captain Garth's War" article that ended up in one of the earlier "Beyond the Final Frontier" issues was written by me as part of my initial setup for using Decision at Midnight in the campaign. (The fact that we're just now getting around to using it, 6 years later, shows how fitful our campaign has been...)

I also have a supplement I wrote (for distribution to the players.) Whenever I get a moment to PDF it, I'll post that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
    Quite!

The "Captain Garth's War" article that ended up in one of the earlier "Beyond the Final Frontier" issues was written by me as part of my initial setup for using Decision at Midnight in the campaign. (The fact that we're just now getting around to using it, 6 years later, shows how fitful our campaign has been...)

I also have a supplement I wrote (for distribution to the players.) Whenever I get a moment to PDF it, I'll post that as well...
    Send it along and I'll be glad to post it, or include it in the zine, or whatever.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support