Thread: Kinda Stumped on an Adventure- 7th Fleeters Stay Away or Die!!!!!

Kinda Stumped on an Adventure- 7th Fleeters Stay Away or Die!!!!!

Hiya.

I am working on a Star Trek RPG adventure (and if these boards get any deader, they'll soon be eligible to vote in Chicago), but I thought I'd post it here anyway for feedback.

My crew is running the Defiant class U.S.S. Rettributor.

Last week, Starfleet Command sent them deep into Romulan space to look for clues that the Hobus star had been destroyed by subspace weapons testing.

Despite active interference from Section 31 (who believes that such research was taking place) the crew managed to complete their mission and return with evidence of a rogue station- but not (necessarily) of actual subspace weapons research.

We spent six hours playing and I had the crew nice and paranoid with a few acts of minor sabotage (only two redshirts died).

Upon their return to base, however, the Captain was shot and critically wounded by an assassin (who actually works for a pirate guild Retributor has been busily busting up). The paranoia peaked at about 80 decibels after that.

For tomorrow's mission (yes- tomorrow) Retributor will sail under the command of one of her junior officers in pursuit of a fugitive whom they believe is the sabotuer.

Petty Officer Tando (the sabotuer) is hiding on a civilian station under the protection of a Ferengi information broker named Courd (who will be a recurring character and source of information).

Courd will explain to the heroes that Tando is guilty of the sabotage- but believes she was acting under the orders of a Starfleet Intelligence officer- and she has the tapes to prove it.

Courd will surrender Tando to the heroes if- and only if- they are willing to guarantee her safety.

Apparently, there's been one attempt to kidnap/kill her already.

The Starfleet Intelligence officer who ordered the sabotage is a former Rapid Response Team member who went rogue during the Dominion War and who now works for Section 31.

He and his team want Tando silenced before she can spill the beans about him- and is willing to kill the heroes to accomplish this.

I've got nearly everything in battery, but it still feels incomplete- like something is missing.

Any suggestions, comments, insights?

For what is worth, I find this scenario nice as it is. My suggestion (since you've asked for it ) would be to add a few red herrings to the mix.

For instance, maybe some Orion pirates who also heard about the subspace weapon testings and want to see if some of them have been left behind. They may be following the crew thinking they retrieved something from their studies, or approach from the other side and be on the tail of the S31 agent (thinking he may known something).
    Courd could also have a business rival who could be trying to muddy things - selling Tando's location either to the PCs or to the S31 agent.
    Maybe also the pirate will not stop to shooting the Captain and may actively try to further hamper the crew's movements - maybe sending another (unrelated) saboteur on their ship.

Those suggestions aim mainly at befuddling the players and enhance their paranoia, since it seems to be what you like to throw unto them . I don't know if that was what you were looking for ?
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

It's a step in the right direction, thanks.

The Hobus arc is just one of four they're involved in- and things are going to get MUCH worse before they get better. Nyah! ha! ha!