Thread: Vote for the Star Trek theme to be the last Space Shuttle crew wake up call

Vote for the Star Trek theme to be the last Space Shuttle crew wake up call

Hi all

Have a little fun voting for the above and be a part of history at the same time, fellow Trekkies! Looks like it will be the remastered TOS theme they will use.

https://songcontest.nasa.gov/top40.aspx

Mark
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

I've just had something pointed out to me. According to the NASA flight schedules, there is another shuttle flight after STS-133 that we are voting on! This is orbiter Discovery's last flight!

STS-134 Endeavour is scheduled provisionally for Feb 26th next year. It is to deliver a cargo delayed beyond STS-133's launch in November, the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer. That is the current last planned launch of the Space Shuttle!

We may have to do this again if NASA allows us to vote!

When I first saw this, I didn't think to check the flight schedule. So there you are. Sorry for the bum steer!
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

Quote Originally Posted by trynda1701 View Post
    I've just had something pointed out to me. According to the NASA flight schedules, there is another shuttle flight after STS-133 that we are voting on! This is orbiter Discovery's last flight!
    Somehow that seems oddly appropriate.

The Trekkies organised a letter writing campaign that got the first shuttle christened Enerprise, leading to the name being applied to the one that was not rated for orbital flight and remained gravity bound.

When word is NASA had intended the first orbiting shuttle to be an Enterprise.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)