Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shameless Self Promotion

looks awesome! Im really looking forward to it. Good Luck!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of it too. I'm just truckin along.

Had to cut some stuff from the Halloween booklet, not enough time to finish everything. I just hope I get it done BEFORE Halloween...wouldn't be much of a special if it was after...

Posted the Halloween Special to the first link in my sig and sent a copy to the Hall of Fire Webzine.

Keep on going

I like much of what you have done.... you have added to the pool of resources people can draw on ....thank you

Thanks!

But most of what I've currently posted isn't my material. My own works are starting to grow, but most of the REALLY useful stiff isn't mine. The PreGens, the Halloween Special, the additional weapons, the spruced up Wargs and Worse, and a few of the tables are mine. Those cover .jpg files will EVENTUALLY all be books...eventually. Only when I've finished will I feel like I actually contributed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Celegorn View Post
    Work has been progressing (slowly but surely) on the Halloween booklet, I just hope I can complete all the pages I want; if not, I'll just do some trimming. I've been posting some PreGen characters I've thrown together in spare minutes. Check 'em out, they're groovy.
    I have looked at the Halloween special you produced .. layout and content are great.

I was wondering if you draw inspiration for the LOTRO community? Barghest are must... and the Sorcery supplement which was produced brought so much more to the game .... I am glad to see your contribution as well. Now If I can get off my own lazy ass and produce something as well I did a rewrite for Haldir and a elven weapons and armor guide back in 2003 .... that was about all a contributed a while back...
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA

Another reason why I don't like Macs...

I finally figured out an issue that people were having with viewing some of the files. Well, at least the cause, I'm still working on the solution. If you try to view some of the files using the default Apple software instead of Adobe reader, the software won't recognize fonts you don't have installed on your computer. I'm not sure yet how to rectify that so all programs can see the files, but Adobe reader is free and available for all OS, so if you're having issues, Reader should fix that (in theory of course, please let me know if there are still issues).

the software won't recognize fonts you don't have installed on your computer. I'm not sure yet how to rectify that so all programs can see the files,
    Are you embedding the fonts in the files? Preview doesn't have that problem for me.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I thought I was. I'm using Word to publish my documents, since it's wicked simple, and I've tried to select all sorts of things to change it around. Nobody's really answered my questions as to whether or not the various attempts have worked. Since Reader's free, and the files work fine there, I don't see a HUGE need to fix it, though I'm still working on the problem to accommodate everyone.

I thought I was. I'm using Word to publish my documents, since it's wicked simple, and I've tried to select all sorts of things to change it around. Nobody's really answered my questions as to whether or not the various attempts have worked. Since Reader's free, and the files work fine there, I don't see a HUGE need to fix it, though I'm still working on the problem to accommodate everyone.
    I've never used Word for anything, heh, so I can't really help you there. It might be a subsetting issue.

Also, in Acrobat you can check what fonts have been embedded.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Don't have the money of Acrobat, and I couldn't figure out how to make documents that WEREN'T from .jpg files when I had the trial. So I use Word, it's WAY easier, except for the current stated issue of course...

Looks like only a subset of Calibri got embedded in the document; the rest aren't there.

Odd...Calibri was never used in the document...irritating

Huh! Well, that's weird. Anyway, if you can turn off subsetting, that might clean things up, but it looks like you're not embedding anything. Is there an embedding part of the pdf dialogue that's coming up?

Like I said, I don't use Word (just an oooold copy of InDesign) so I don't know what to tell you... there's free versions of Microsoft Office around, though, so you might try Open Office and see if it works differently.