Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shameless Self Promotion

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I second The King's recommendation of OpenOffice. It is a great program for making roleplaying material, and can expert directly into the PDF format. We use it extensively for designing character sheets, and making gaming supplements.

More broadly, I wanted to thank you, again, for the material you post. It really does help, by expanding on what is available for Narrators and Players of LOTR.

Thank you...

How's this all goin', friends?

Slow and arduous. With school and my book, things are kind of busy. I'm working on things when I have time though. I post when I get stuff done so check the archive from time to time. I'm starting a batch of NPC's like the Radagast Ineti posted. They're quick and dirty and people have asked after some on other boards. Know that the full books are still on the way, but they're harder to do by myself and more time intensive. I'm doing my best. I appareciate the thanks! (and any help anyone is willing to give)

Had to play with a new website for a school assignment, so I built an actual web site for the archives. Take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://www.wix.com/skinnerman02/lord-of-the-rpg-archive
    Last edited by Celegorn; 02-13-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Posted two new NPCs for use with the default chronicle The Shadow of the North: Carangul and Forendur! Check them out at the Archive in the Narrator's section.

Just posted a link to forums for the site. It's not NEARLY as pretty as this one, but since I don't know how to make it so, I do what I can.

The site is amazing! Nice work on everything! You're a Hero!

Finished with the little picky things for the site and forums.

For those who still periodically check this board, please head on over to the Archive web site (found in my sig), leave comments, and join the boards to keep track resource activity and contribute your own ideas. Tell your friends and let's keep the game alive!

I'm hoping to consolidate all comments in one area so I don't have to keep checking the various forums I post to.

(not that I plan on ignoring this one, it's been alive forever!)

I have considerable trouble with most of the pdf docs that I download from your website. The text appears just as blurry streaks on the pages and is therefore not readable anyone had this before? Know any solutions?
    Best regards,

Storm of the million spheres

Yes, that has been a problem. I'm still trying to sort it out. For some reason, the fonts aren't being imbedded. I've noticed friends that have Macs and aren't using Adobe Reader to view .pdf files are the only ones that have this problem. Ironically, my ipod can view the files just fine...so I don't really know what the issue is. I'm looking into getting Adobe InDesign, so this might be less of a problem in the future. Sorry, I'm working on it.

Oh well...thank you very much anyway...and as long as your website will not suddenly disapear like so many before everything is fine. ;-)

If I can be of any help...I have most of Adobes Master Suite. Mayhaps I can help with formating or anything?!
    Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Oh well...thank you very much anyway...
    Can you not view the documents with reader? or do you not like using it or something? If you can open the files in one of the other Adobe sweets and try to save it as something else, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to try and work with InDesign at school today and see what I can make of it, time permitting. Unless wix.com goes out of business, I don't see the site coming down in the foreseeable future, so no worries there.

I haven't acutally tried yet. Thought that Apple is smart enough to use Adobes drivers if any of the programms are installed. I'll try again with Reader or Acrobat as soon as I'm back in Germany next month.

Regarding the website: if there is ever an issue about it just tell me. We could transfer it to my server and create a subdomain with a totally new homepage hosting that stuff.
    Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Regarding the website: if there is ever an issue about it just tell me. We could transfer it to my server and create a subdomain with a totally new homepage hosting that stuff.
    I'll totally keep that in mind! and if I didn't speak German like a 4 year old, I'd totally be conversing in it right now. Only in my second semester in Uni though, so I don't know very much. I'm having issues remembering which articles are attached to what nouns and how they change.

Quote Originally Posted by Celegorn View Post
    Work has been progressing (slowly but surely) on the Halloween booklet, I just hope I can complete all the pages I want; if not, I'll just do some trimming. I've been posting some PreGen characters I've thrown together in spare minutes. Check 'em out, they're groovy.
    Please don't give up working .... as for myself I have been delayed in all my projects due to the birth of my son and a new home.
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA