Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shameless Self Promotion

Shameless Self Promotion

I've been trying to put the word out about the Lord of the Rings Sourcebook Project. I'd thought these boards were dead, it's nice to see them still running. Myself and others have been writing new sourcebooks for the game, around personal lives (so it takes some time), and have been posting them here:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/14240887/...4/sharing.html

There are several preview covers, a preview doc for the War of the Ring booklet, and work has been started on a Return of the King Sourcebook, Creature Compendium, The Hobbit Sourcebook, Angmar: The Land of the Witch King, and Rangers of the North.

As only two people are working on these projects, it takes some time to complete them. Originally I'd hoped I'd be able to spend more time with them, but my degree is time consuming. I work on these books when I get the chance. If anybody wants to help, let me know, we'd love to have you. Take a look around the site, I have all the old Decipher docs posted (Adventures, Errata, etc.), as well as others.

Some of the material will start appearing in Hall of Fire as it's completed, but not everything. They've also been gracious enough to offer their site as a host for the completed projects, so look for those. Any comments and constructive criticism are always welcome and appreciated. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Celegorn; 08-30-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Grammar, yay! :D

Talking New(ish) Stuff!

Just uploaded a bunch of new stuff. All the cover art for the new books, the Realms supplements, Radagast, and a few other things from this board and that I've had for awhile. Enjoy.

Found the Weapons Table from Fields of Battle! Posted that and updated my table to reflect what they'd had, I wasn't too far off in most cases.

Exclamation Product List

Here's a list of the the books and items currently in progress, or in the very least, collection. The dice I'm making for myself to see if it works. If successful, I may be willing to make some, or devise a tutorial for, anyone who would like a pair. Items marked are still debatable. In the case of the Adventure game, I don't have any of the others so am unsure of what they look like. Other items I'm feeling aren't terribly necessary. As participants are scarce and time is subject to greater priorities (family, undergrad, work, etc.), items will be completed as time permits. If anyone else would love to help, fell free to PM me for my email and submit something to the project. Teasers will continue to be submitted to the Hall of Fire. Thank you, and I hope this sufficiently teases enough people.

• Two six-sided dice marked with the numbers 1-6 in Tengwar

Made from sculpey!

• Rohan: Land of the Sons of Eorl

• Rangers of the North

Social/economic life of a Ranger
    Enemies and Allies
    Locations

• Creature Compendium

Animals
    Foul Beasts
    Demons
    Orcs
    Trolls
    Undead

• Angmar: Land of the Witch King

Summary of Angmar’s lands and borders
    Forces of the Witch King
    Famous Battles

• For Death and Glory: A Guide to Warriors and Barbarians

Fell Strikes
    New Edges and Flaws
    New Elite Orders
    Shieldmaiden
    March warden
    Berserker
    Elite Guardsman
    Healer
    New Abilities for old orders
    New Weapons/Armor
    Enchantments/spells

• Sweet as Song and Swift as Shadows: A Guide to Rogues and Minstrels

New Edges and Flaws
    New Elite Orders
    Assassin
    Bard
    New Abilities for old orders
    New Weapons/Armor
    Enchantments/spells

• Return of the King Sourcebook

Comparison/summary between book and movie
    Characters
    Locations

• The War of the Ring Sourcebook

Battles
    Characters
    Kindred of Men: Beornings

• Return of the King Adventure Game

• The Hobbit supplement

Summary
    Characters
    Locations

• A 3-part mini-chronicle

“The Shadow of the North”
    Episode 1: The House of Margil
    Episode 2: Lengthening Shadows
    Episode 3: War in the North

• Assorted Adventures

• Assorted Pregenerated Characters

Aegnor, Dunedain Noble of the North
    Banks, Hobbit Cook
    Beldin, Dwarven Noble
    Celegorn, Elven Sentinel
    Eglath, Wandering Magician
    Gleogar, Rohirric Minstrel
    Ingold, Loremaster
    Rowland Whitebeam, Rogue
    Last edited by Celegorn; 03-01-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Wow, this is great news! I am looking forward to seeing the work continue!

YAY! A comment!

Well, it'll be slow and arduous work, my new semester starts this Thursday and I have an advanced research and analysis class. I've had to do a LOT of formatting and short essays for the War of the Ring booklet, but want it finished before Christmas this year. I've also been working on a new system with two pools d6 where casting spells and exhibiting extraordinary physical abilities requires "pushing" dice from the main pool into an "ability" pool. Ah, the ideas that will never really be used by anyone, including me...at least they won't be kickin' around my brain anymore.

Nice work, thanks.
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

-If you really think that your choice of game makes you better than someone who plays a different game, you are an idiot who has no further right to express an opinion.

Sweet!

So I'm going to attempt to quiet the rest of the crap bumpin around my dome and spend as much free time as I can to devote to these. The hope is to be able to produce more than one book or supplement in a year. I'll hopefully have a set of elven dice to display next weekend. Also debating making a picture gallery on my Wizards account for my miniature collections. For the curious, my Star Wars customs and a few other things can be found here:

http://community.wizards.com/skinner...y.one?gal_id=1
    (some of these have been HEAVILY modified, others not so much)

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    WOW !! So much stuff !! And I must say I love the covers. How the heck do you do that ? They look just like Decipher books ??

In the past 9 months I have developed a deep love for the CODA system, and both the LOTR and Star Trek games. And this material will really be a boon to our chronicle (set in the 4th age.... deep into the 4th age... but, with Elves. How'd we pull that off ? That's a whole post in itself...)

I'm going to start with The Bree Lands since we spend a lot of time in and around Bree.

Thank you... very much... for making all of these things !!

I appreciate the praise, but don't thank me yet, the only thing I've made are plans. A few of the things on 4shared are mine, but most of it is credited to others. I dig the encouragement though, now I just need to find the time. The covers are a breeze really. Since I bought all of the books, and like digital copies as well, I was able to take a scanned photo of the covers, edit the main picture out, insert my own, and give it a title. All done in Photoshop. Once you have the basic form down, it pretty much comes to choosing a suitable picture and title. I get them done in a few minutes.

(On a side note, elves did exist well into the Fourth Age, not all had left or faded. They had lessened to a great degree in power, knowledge, and wisdom due to the passing of the Three, but they were still about. The good professor, to my current recollection, never gave a specific time when the elves had completely faded. Peter Jackson, on the other hand, asserts that all the elves who had desired to leave, left with Frodo and his wise companions.)

Talking

Sort of unrelated to LotR, but doing so much for CODA made me rethink making my own system, a sort of CODA 2.0 if you will (well, more of a mash up of original ideas and things I liked from multiple systems). I'm still in the beginning stages of thought and have only recently put stuff on paper (exciting for me, hard copies means I'm committed and it isn't a flight of fancy). Just wanted to drop a line and say, yes I'm still working on LotR material, but I posted the concept cover for PUSH! Check the PUSH folder in my primary sig link if you're interested.

I don't know about any of you, but at least I'm excited...

Sorry, more PUSH

Here's what I'm looking at so far.

Primary Attributes
    Physical
    Agility
    Strength
    Vigor
    Mental
    Insight
    Intellect
    Perception

Secondary Attributes
    Reflex
    Willpower
    Vitality
    Sanity
    Corruption

Skills
    Athletics
    Balance
    Climb
    Escape
    Jump
    Swim
    Tumble
    Climb
    Escape
    Jump
    Swim
    Tumble
    Craft
    Basket Weaving
    Sewing
    Cooking
    Music
    Etc.
    Converse
    Debate
    Fast Talk
    Inquire
    Innuendo
    Interrogate
    Persuade
    Deceit
    Conceal
    Disguise
    Mimicry
    Endurance
    Forced March
    Hold Breath
    Ignore Fatigue
    Run
    Healing
    First Aide
    Herbal Medicines
    Treat Injury
    Treat Poison
    Inspire
    Intimidate
    Investigate
    Analyze
    Collect Evidence
    Listen
    Search
    Spot
    Research
    Language
    Any
    Knowledge
    Any
    Perform
    Play Instrument
    Sing
    Recitation
    Etc.
    Stealth
    Sneak
    Hide
    Shadow
    Survival
    Specific Climate type/area
    Forage
    Handle Animal
    Know Direction
    Ride
    Track

Exclamation

I posted the Halloween Special Booklet preview. I'm going to submit the whole work to be posted to the Hall of Fire site, and the creatures to the zine, when finished.

Work has been progressing (slowly but surely) on the Halloween booklet, I just hope I can complete all the pages I want; if not, I'll just do some trimming. I've been posting some PreGen characters I've thrown together in spare minutes. Check 'em out, they're groovy.