Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd ya get yer name?

Very interesting so far. personnally I loved the Narnia Chronicles, I just happened to stuble upon one of them @ the library and started reading. Furthermore, in the late 80's and early 90's PBS had a series on air of several of the books, starting with the first one (the lion, the witch, and the Wardrobe (if I'm not mistaken)). However, my favorite character comes from the last book, the Voyages of the Dawn Rider (? Don't remember the exact name of the ship). he was the little rat night, starts with an R.

But my name?

Very simple. My full name is James Andress L Udan, L is actually ment to stand for Lipumano (my moms maiden name), however this is my legal name. Thus JALU. The three comes from the fact that until I got my CADR (California Drivers License) I refered to myself as James Udan III due to the fact that I'm the third James in a row in my fathers linage. So that kept even after I discovered my legal name.

Another way to look at it is that I'm the Third Generation 'American' for as you may well know the Philippines was a US Commonwealth from 1898 until 1947. So when my grandfather was born back in the PI he was already a citizen. But now the three has just been kept on due to the fact that I use to use it.

Furthermore my Email address is the same, JALU3@hotmail.com; I have had that email since 1997 or so . . .

------------------
    "See Everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." -Pope John XXIII

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Mine is for the Captain of my Post DS-9 game. Julius Delacour.

Thumbs up

Im going to have to go with the Birth Certificate bunch myself...

But then again I have such a rare surname that previously taken names for email address is not a huge factor, and so have always been able to go by my own name...

Besides Im an ego-maniac and want the whole world to know my name.

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"

It came to me in a dream =)

Actually, it was the first thing that came to mind. And by the way Phantom, the F-4 has been a long time favorite of mine (the muscle car of fighters so to speak).

I am the first of two children.
    Hence my designation.

Cool

My real name is Magnus Lundgren. So I just used that. I often use McAngus on the net. Something some friends started to call me after Braveheart. That name kind of stuck in my mind. But it didn't feelt right for this sight, and I was out of inspiration at the moment...

------------------
    "We are the Swedes. You will be assimilated."

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

my name comes from my relatives' clan name from Scotland.

mactavish out.

AslanC was in "Battlefield Earth"? Wow.

My name comes from the Driver's License in my wallet. Wonder what theguy pictured would think of that...

------------------
    Doug Burke

McCoy: "You're taking me to the promised land?"
    Kirk: "That's what you get for missing staff meetings, Doctor."

When I first started using the internet, I liked the chat room at the official Star Trek Website, and called myself Surak most of the time. I think Surak is a character to admire. When I first started posting here, I used the name Surak. Then things were adjusted and people lost their accounts. I was feeling kinda paranoid because my postings hadn't gotten much response, so I switched to Cochrane. I still think Surak is a better character than Cochrane, but Cochrane is also an important historical figure. So if there comes a time that you don't see anyone posting under the name of Cochrane, and you do see someone posting as, oh, say, Kahless, it just might be me. Then again, I don't care much for Kahless...

[This message has been edited by Cochrane (edited 04-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Cochrane (edited 04-24-2001).]

Smile

First I was known as Mendak. The Romulan Admiral from TNG. I used this nickname for the Decipher CCG board before there were passprotected handles. After two months a user claimed that he is the real Mendak and he succeded in convincing me. I wanted to keep something Romulan but special. So I combined my first name with a romulan beginning.
    Tar + Bastian
    =
    Tarbas

------------------
    www.StarTrek-AlphaSquad.de -
    "United they stand"

Smile

Well, like the two Dans, Owen, Doug, Don, et al. I was startlingly innovative and dug out my birth certificate to find a name. I left out the Harry, though, and the A is for Arthur, my Pa's name.

My alter ego is Liquidator Queeg. I stole that name from a Ferengi character my wife played in a LUG Trek game I ran a couple of years ago.

Steve

AslanC Guest

Sorry

Collas is my mother's maiden name, hence the C

And let's never mention Battlefield Earth again, okay?

I love this topic, very interesting stuff.

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Star Trek:Strange New Worlds;
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas/
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

Rottwang was the evil scientist in Metropolis. I'm not really evil by the way. I just have a mean sense of humor and an argumentative disposition.

I have also used Groucho, Triac23, Bluesboy, and RonO. I used Groucho because of my love for old comedies, especially the Marx Bros. A triac is an electronics component. I chose it shortly after I graduated from electronics training. I used Bluesboy because I was really like that style of music. RonO is a long time personal nickname derived from my real name which is Ron Osborne.

------------------
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of
    their dreams."
    --Eleanor Roosevelt