Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Deck Plans Here

Post Your Deck Plans Here

I'd like everyone who does deckplans to post links to them (or attachments if you don't have webspace of your own) in this thread. By deckplans I mean layout drawings of each deck of a ship. I do NOT mean a deck layout listing, or a set of external profiles, although both may accompany deckplans. All sorts of ships are on-topic, as long as they are useable in a Trek campaign. Any system may be used if stats are included: ICON, CODA, FASA, GURPS PD, anything...

I'll kick things off: http://www.coldnorth.com/memoryicon/...s/merchant.htm

These are all-new drawings based on some at Cygnus-X1. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 09-04-2010 at 02:01 PM.

And here's another. Everyone needs Klingon BoP plans!

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/m...ey/bop/bop.htm

Comments and discussion are welcome! I know this thread has been getting views. I personally feel that deckplans are an important part of any SFRPG. That was one of the things that drew me to Traveller when I first got into gaming and one of the things i liked about FASA, even though FASA's deckplans were often pretty bad...

New on Memory: ICON, deckplans for the unseen STTMP Shuttle!

http://www.coldnorth.com/memoryicon/...ds/shuttle.htm
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 09-04-2010 at 02:02 PM.

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!
    Excellent work again.

I really like the movie shuttle craft and all the lovely variants.

Also, the reactor on the Bird of Prey being located up in the bridge section. Took a moment to get use to it, but then it was like it had always been there.

Great stuff Owen.

Brian K

Thumbs up

Awesome thread Owen! Thanks much!
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."

Nice work on the TMP era shuttle, Owen; I'm going to be using that, in all likelihood, even if my game is set nearly 25 years later....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Glad you like them. Print them out so that the illustrated figures are 28mm tall, and they can be used for miniature gaming. I should do a .PDF version of all my shuttle plans so people can do just that without figuring it all out

Brian, the reactor just reflects the shapes on the shooting model. It just screamed "REACTOR!" at me...

OK, here's a test run of a printer-friendly version with some old Citadel minis. It's printed out on letter-sized paper. I'll try to get more done tomorrow, and sell the .PDF for a few bucks. Unfortunately, I'm on a very small fixed income, so this is a chance to pick up a few bucks. I'll ask my friend Dave if he can run them through his Pay-Pal account, to make it easy for folks.

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/images/minis/sany0001.jpg
    http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/images/minis/sany0002.jpg

FREE SAMPLE!!!

No, really. Just for Users on Trek-RPG.net, I've compiled a sample page of my printer-friendly .PDF containg three shuttle deckplans suitable for use with 28mm miniatures. Included are the Troop Transport version of the Long Range Shuttlecraft, the Class F from TOS and the Type 5 from STV:TFF. Feel free to print the off and try them out. This is a gift just for you guys. Like crack or heroin, first taste's free.

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/images/minis/shuttle.pdf

I'll take any free samples I can get my hands on, Owen, though I'm certainly not going to begrudge you the chance to make a little extra income on the side. Thanks for the first hit, and good luck!
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Although I'm not currently running a game, I think it's only fair to say thank you very much, Owen.

Very nice work. I'm like you, I loved all the cool Traveller blueprints that came out, and was wishing that FASA had came up with similar standards in their adventures.

Of course, they DID come out with the excellent Constitution, D7 and R-1 outpost plans.
    Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow!

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me TWICE? INCOMING!

Owen, thanks for the plans. Let me know when and where I can buy them and i'll buy a set as well. You planning anything else along these lines?

I've started on a set of Daedalus Class Deckplans. I'm using Bernd Schneider's calculations of 15 decks and 140 metres length. I'm using a TOS-style Bridge and doing them at a scale of 5 pixels to the metre. I'll probably be posting these on Memory: Icon. Here's the beginning:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Exclamation

YES!!!

I've got an upcoming ep involving the USS Horizon!

*rock on!*
    "These are the voyages of the starship Bretagne. Its standing orders: To maintain off-world peace; to expand science and test out new innovations; to boldly go where all men have gone before."