What do you guys think of Fringe?

I myself have only seen the first like 6 or 7 epsiodes of season one with my girlfriend, as we were looking for a new show to watch after she comes home from the hospital and is too tired to follow an entire film. We have exhausted 'How I Met Your Mother' and "Big Bang Theory" recently and started looking for something else to watch. Doing so we stumbled upon Fringe.

We both didn't connect with "The X-Files" back in the day and in the relationship I'm more the mystery, sci-fi person, not her. She is tolerant but not that into said stuff really. So far we are being creeped out by the show (we're both easily creeped you know *g*) and enjoy it. As there are some links to Star Trek (actor-wise, at least from what I've heard...) I'd thought I'd ask for your oppinion.

Please keep it mostly spoiler free. I know of a Leonard Nimoy appearence, but not in what role...

On a RPGing note: I had some Fringe crossover ideas with a Stargate Atlantis idea I keep toying around with in my mind The idea of a massive dynamic super company and a 'pattern' could spill some problems nicely into the Pegasus Galaxy, don't you think?

Can't keep that mind from thinking even while studying dry law school stuff!!!