Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Consolidated ICON

Talking Consolidated ICON

Here’s a little something I’ve been doing with my free time (I’ve been working on the Species Database too–I swear!). It’s amazing the amount of material everyone here as contributed to the ICON system. These are all the published and fan made (marked by a *) skills, specializations, and packages in a very basic printer friendly layout–no pictures or anything unnecessary. The top of each list has a little paragraph that may help know what steps to take in character development.

I believe I have everything included, but to be honest I’ve looked at so many messages here on these boards combing through to find the little bits here and there that everyone has come up with that some things may have been overlooked (I’ve looked at so many posts in researching this they all started looking the same after awhile). If you have something you want added just send it my way and I’ll get popped in!

(I’m working on a consolidate Overlay .pdf as well, both civilian and Starfleet, but am having difficulty coming up with a doable layout that is printer friendly. I’ll get it out to you all as soon as I can.)

Also, the previously released (8th post of the linked thread) consolidated skills list has been updated. Almost two dozen specializations added! So, if you grabbed the first one this one is worth replacing it with. Some of the biggest changes: doing away with the Surveillance Skill and it’s specializations (it was too much the duplicate of the Espionage Skill [bugging compared to electronic intelligence]); Tracking is no longer a stand alone skill, but a specialization of Stealth; while Search is now a specialization of Security and Dodge of Athletics.

If you’d prefer a straight list of skills published by LUG, Owen Oulton still has his list available (through the link above you'll be able to access his link to his site); otherwise you are always free to take your red pencil to any of these lists and add/delete or arrange as you see fit.

Enjoy, and LONG LIVE ICON!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by redwood973; 11-07-2010 at 02:51 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

And now the Consolidated Starfleet Overlays.

I'm still working on the Consolidated Civilian Overlays, but will get it to you soon I hope (lot of work getting it together, making sure they all equal the same number of points).

ICON. GAME ON!
    Last edited by redwood973; 11-14-2011 at 08:24 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Consolidated Civilian Overlays

Okay, finally finished it!

These may not be what you are used to. Very few of the civilian overlays added up to the 36 points that somewhere, somehow, became the accepted point total for a civilian overlay. I guess there would be some merit to an argument that every overlay in this sheet should be marked as fan made/provided. The Diplomat/Politician Overlay from the DS9 Corebook looks little like the Politician Overlay provided here for example. (I may be biased, but I think you'll like the Diplomat and Politician Overlays [they were made two separate overlays for this sheet] provided here to that of the unified overlay of the corebook. )

As alway, it's your game and this game aid is just that--an aid to your game. Feel free to take your red pencil and edit, add, delete or arrange this as you see fit!

ICON, GAME ON!
    Last edited by redwood973; 11-28-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Well, I've not had many responses but a few people have sent some missed and/or new ideas my way regarding Early Life Histories.

I guess if any of the 18 of you that grabbed it want the updated sheet let me know, otherwise, for those of you whom may have already printed them off--here are the three updates to the Early Life.pdf so you can scribble them in at the end of the sheets:

* Artistic Upbringing: Artistic Expression OR Craft (choose) 1 (2); +1 Empathy Edge; Commendation (Planetary Award Recognition of Artwork or Performance) +2; Impulsive -1.

* Genetic Resequencing: +2 to either Fitness, Coordination, OR Intellect Attribute; +1 to either Edge of the Attribute chosen; Any +2 Advantage Appropriate to the Attribute chosen; Dark Secret (Genetically Altered) -2

Psionic Potential: Psionic Skill, Any 1; +1 to Psi Attribute (NOTE: must have maximum Psi rating of one or higher on Species Template to take this Package)
    Just a note about the Psionic Potential Package: I believe it was geared more toward a Human (who's Psi is 0 [5]) than say a Vulcan; and obviously the Ferengi (Psi 0 [0]) can't take it at all. But, if your Narrator allows it can be used by whomever I suppose.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

A few more items pointed out, so another little update--

To the Civilian Traning Packages

* Marketing and Sales Training: Charm (Influence) 1 (2); Knowledge: Marketing Strategies 1; +1 Perception Edge; Innovative +1; Shrewd +1
    To the Civilian Proffesions

* Outlaw: Security (choose) 1 (2); Stealth (choose) 1 (2); Streetwise (choose) 1 (2); Weapon, Energy (choose) 1 (2); Wanted -2
    And lastly, to the Early Life Histories

* Warrior's Upbringing: +1 Strength Edge; Alertness +2; Excellent Balance +1; Peripheral Vision +1
    Anyone sees something or has an idea I missed let me know and I'll add it. Once there seems nothing left to add I'll post the finalized sheet for anyone who wants the updates. And, once I can I'll start putting together another sheet to surprise you all with!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Okay, I realize Starfleet Marine Corps is not everyone cup of tea (I too am of the mind that the dedicated corps of fleet marines would be absorbed into the everyday security we see in the world of Trek; and those times where specialization is needed there are the RRTs).

But there are a few of you who want a dedicated corps and you’ve developed some wonderful material for developing such a character. So here it is all nice and consolidated–everything from Overlays (officer and enlisted!); enlisted training histories from armor to artillery training; academy life histories from dropship pilots to fighter pilots; and tour histories from force recon to spaceborne; along with Promotion and Department Head advantages geared towards a dedicated ground force! Four pages of Marine goodness all in one handy location. Isn't ICON great?!

This sheet includes the academy and tour histories most suited to a Marine, so no need to worry about having this sheet and the other consolidated pdf’s I’ve made. As always, all fan made/provided material is marked (*).

For those not sold on the Starfleet Marine Corps no worries–I’ll be taking the fan made material from this sheet and adding it to the other consolidated lists to give our RRTs some added options. I’ll be posting all udated sheets as soone as I’m sure there are no more updates to be had.

ICON, GAME ON!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

I have also been trying to consolidating a lot of information for easy access in my campaign, and your work has pushed mine way ahead. I have been modifying and creating overlays that are specific to my campaign which can best be described as an alternate Star Trek universe. I have also been roughly converting races from WEG Star Wars to LUG Star Trek for more species selections.

Man your work makes me wish I'd been able to get into Icon before they lost the license. My local club had the books in their shop but were ordered to send them back for destruction. Actually thats how I got the Coda books I'd ordered the Icon set but due to the above he sold me the Coda system instead.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Quote Originally Posted by somaticon View Post
    Man your work makes me wish I'd been able to get into Icon before they lost the license. My local club had the books in their shop but were ordered to send them back for destruction. Actually thats how I got the Coda books I'd ordered the Icon set but due to the above he sold me the Coda system instead.
    What? There were a bunch of copies sitting around for years in the game stores near me...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

ICON is great.

Wow on having to send back and destroy the books. Never heard of that happening before.

I'm still working on the consolodataions. Got a little hung up on the Advantages/Disadvantages. Seems pointless to put out such a consolodation without descriptions of each and that probably won't pass muster on being posted (copyright) so I start over with just a list and then don't see the point of that if you are going to still have to collect all the books around you during character creation and go back to descriptions of each again and it's a never ending circle rut I'm stuck in.

I've stopped getting updates on the other consolidated sheets, I should put the final updates together and get those out to everyone.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

That is especially a shame for some of us who came in as LUG was going down and didn't have a chance to get legal copies of some of the books. For the record, I do have some scanned copies I downloaded, but I only use the ones to which I either already own, or intend to buy, a legal copy.

This is good stuff! Thanks!

Allen

This is great, Redwood - thanks a bunch!

I'm starting up an Enterprise (NX-01) era campaign in the near future with my wife and son, and I'm going back to ICON for it. Simpler system for simpler times, you might argue
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Redwood, great job on the Consolidated ICON files. I love them. So much information, all in one place. It makes creating and writing up characters so easy !!

I am confused, though, why would there be a copyright issue on the Advantages and Disadvantages, and not on the Overlays, or Early Life packages ?

Consolidated Ads & Disads would be a terrific addition to Consolidated ICON !

Although you have the enlisted overlays, did you remember to include the Starfleet enlisted "boot camp" training history packages found in the Players Guide, as well as those that may have been created here and elsewhere? Also, what about Cadet Cruise information?
    Last edited by JALU3; 10-02-2011 at 08:40 PM.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One