Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Consolidated ICON

Over here it is a rank, in fact some places here have it in several grades (Detective First Grade is the highest of the three usual grades). My small town doesn't use the grades ratings and I believe we only have two or three guys of this rank, but they are Detective ranks in my local police department.

I like watching some of the BBC shows our local public tv stations play, the crime dramas are interesting, but to be honest I've never understood the rankings being used during the shows. I gather you over there use the term Inspector the way we use Detective here? Here Inspector is fairly high ranking (Captain or so, overseeing several departments) whereas Inspector Lewis doesn't seem to be high placed but rather what we would call a Detective.

I've been all over the place today with the Police Rankings whenever I've had the free time. I've scratched and penciled in and scrapped more times than I can count. The corporate rankings just flew out easily, but I'm having a terrible time getting the Law Enforcemnt rankings settled. I don't like refering to a 0 raking cost law enforcer as Agent (too Intilligence feeling), but I may use the Law Enforcment Fanbook ratings by default for lack of anything better.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973 View Post
    . I gather you over there use the term Inspector the way we use Detective here? Here Inspector is fairly high ranking (Captain or so, overseeing several departments) whereas Inspector Lewis doesn't seem to be high placed but rather what we would call a Detective.
    By my limited understanding (the same TV shows)... Thats pretty close. so for example;

In Uniform.
    Constable > Sergeant > Inspector > Chief Inspector > Superintendant > Chief Superintendant

Plain Clothes/Detectives
    Detective Constable > Detective Sergeant (DS) > Detective Inspector (DI) > Detective Chief Inspector (DCI) > I believe that should a DCI progress they are senior enough to be back in uniform...

This is nice and useful for the UK... Maybe some food for thought for an expanded version...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_...United_Kingdom
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Thanks for the link, Dan. I like the idea of the detectives being outside the rank system; I don’t see everyone being capable of performing the detective duties, silly to make it a step in the ladder for higher advancement. I think I’ll drop the detective rank and may even drop “chief” too. That would bringing the Deputy Commissioner and Commissioner down to being equal with the political ranks of Deputy Director and Director–which they should be in my opinion.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Okay, here's what I'm thinking of using for the following ranks. . .anyone have any input they'd like to share? I've set all non-military promotions to top out at the +6 level (no reason other than it just seems to work better).

Gorn
    +9 Antar
    +8 orKhan
    +7 daKhan
    +6 aKhan
    +5 Khan
    +4 saKhan
    +3 Arishok
    +2 Padwar
    +1 Ashaad
    0 Than

Academic
    +6 Chancellor
    +5 Vice Chancellor
    +4 Chair of Department
    +3 Professor
    +2 Associate Professor
    +1 Faculty in Residence
    0 Instructor

Corporate
    +6 Chairman
    +5 Director / Board Member
    +4 President
    +3 Vice President
    +2 Manager
    +1 Supervisor
    0 Associate

Intelligence Agency
    +6 Deputy Secretary
    +5 Director
    +4 Deputy Director
    +3 Special Agent in Charge
    +2 Spuervisory Special Agent
    +1 Special Agent
    0 Agent

Law Enforcement
    +6 Commissioner
    +5 Deputy Commissioner
    +4 Chief
    +3 Superintendent
    +2 Inspector
    +1 Sergeant
    0 Officer / Constable

Religious
    +6 Prophet / Saint or Emissary
    +5 Pope / Kai
    +4 Cardinal / Vedek
    +3 Bishop / Prylar
    +2 Minister / Priest or ranjen
    +1 Deacon / Monk
    0 Initiate
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Just letting you all know I'm just about done rebuilding the Consolidated Traits after having lost it in the computer crash a few months back.

I have to admit I'm not being as kind towards fan made traits this time around; I believe it is becuase I've not taken a break between combing all the LUG books and the countless threads here looking for fan-works. This is a tiring endeavor going through all this material and this time aronnd I just can't justify adding fan traits that are little more than a name change or a slight tweek of the rules of how an existing trait works.

That being said, a handful of fan traits have made it while a few are not making it in but are finding their way in as mentions in the tables of other traits (the above mentioned Youth -2 trait for example is menitioned in the table of the Diminished Social Status Disadvantage.

I have to admit this work is worth having, I sorly missed it after having lost it, I had no idea how much I was referencing it even while building it. . .and losing it in the crash was a huge loss! I'm working on a way of making it avialable to you all.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

This is an amazing thread! Thank you sir