Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New (older) ships for Trek

New (older) ships for Trek

Hi guys and gals just thought I'd let everyone know that I'll be putting up more ships which have been used in our trek game so far. hopefully you might find some use for these as well. Ships being worked on include the Antares class survey/ cargo ship, Valiant Class survey ship, Ares Class explorer, Chameleon and Mission classes and lastly the Paris class light cruiser.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I'm very interested in your TOS era ships. Where do you plan on posting them ? Here ? Or do you have a site ?

Once I have them finished I will be putting them up here. I'm currently working on assignments at the moment though *sob*

Oh, I understand that. The girl who does most of the ship designs for our group is often held back by homework too.

No rush. Good quality designs should not be hurried

Here's the first one uploaded the Chameleon Class Survey ship I fudged the stats a little and theres room for improvement
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by somaticon; 12-05-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: file failed to attach

Now for the Antares Class. It has been suggested that the Antares should be longer based on screen shots. I've updated it somewhat based on this new knowledge and used the Starships book to tweak it. Durp! Beam and Height have been displaced they should be the other way around.
    Last edited by somaticon; 09-04-2011 at 08:42 AM.

These look great ! I love them. And the stats look just fine to me. That's one of the things I adore about CODA - Starship stats are pretty easy to work out.

Very nicely done, IMO.

These would make a terrific addition to Mr. Goodman's website !

The Antares Class

This is my version of the Antares class, based on a design form one of Bjo Trimble's books - her Concordance, I think .

I did two versions of it - one, the original 2256 commissioning, the other a 2269 refit.
    Last edited by Fugazi Grrl; 08-16-2011 at 09:51 PM.

I love the fact that there appears to be at least a dozen starship classes called Antares.

Here's my take on the Ares class. In one of our games an Ares finds itself flung into the future after being caught in a chroniton wake from a comet. The crew were able to adapt to the new timeline and were eventually integrated into Starfleet.

Here's another one that I worked on if anyone is playing in the Enterprise era it may come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by somaticon View Post
    I love the fact that there appears to be at least a dozen starship classes called Antares.
    I know, I guess it will be a popular name among ship-builders in the 23rd and 24th centuries. Besides the one you did, and the one I did, I think there is at least one other in the TOS or Movie era, and one that was used on DS9 (a civilian freighter in that case).

I think I might make a start on smaller craft next especially as not all of our gaming group want to be tied to a major organisation.

Here's another one that I worked on if anyone is playing in the Enterprise era it may come in handy.
    Actually, we have been trying to put together a crew for some Enterprise era adventures. So, this should come in very handy.

I love the way you do starships, BTW. Beautiful layout. What software do you use to do them ?

I think I might make a start on smaller craft next especially as not all of our gaming group want to be tied to a major organisation.
    I have several smaller civilian craft, if you'd like a look at them ?