Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New (older) ships for Trek

I'd be interested yes also heres the mission class
    Attached Files Attached Files

I couldnt help but notice I forgot to change the year it should say 2154 oops I created a template in Office 2007 and then once I'm happy and have remembered to proof read I then save it as a PDF.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by somaticon View Post
    I'd be interested yes also heres the mission class
    They're mostly TNG era or later. Should I just post them in here ?

I love the Mission class - nice, handy little ship !

I must say I love the layout you use.

I use a program called OpenOffice.org - java based, but a pretty good editor.

you could always email them to me. Two more ship designs being worked on including an Orion class battleship from before first contact and the HMS Warspite.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I worked up a set of deck plans for the Mission class ( http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...ps/mission.htm ). I had to ignore the FASA plans which stupidly assumed that all decks were the same size as the lowest deck. FASA deck plans are notoriously crappy...

I also did the Chameleon ( http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...cas/lucas2.htm ), Tavares ( http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...s/tavares1.htm ) and Ju'day ( http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s.../ju%27dayf.htm ). Both the Tavares and Ju'day come in two versions, a Q-ship and a Maquis Raider respectively...

Just substitute the stats for the system you're using (CODA in this case) and away you go.

I've seen your deckplans before and they look pretty awesome. The way I see the Mission is that its like a member of a family design as you find in cars. So you have the mini type the hatchback and then the fleet van each look similar but vary is size.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    I worked up a set of deck plans for the Mission class ( http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...ps/mission.htm ). I had to ignore the FASA plans which stupidly assumed that all decks were the same size as the lowest deck. FASA deck plans are notoriously crappy...
    The 1st set of Mission Class deckplans had diffrent sized decks,it was just the "Terri Bear" plans that had the 3 decks the same. I chose to ingnore the TB plans in my games.
    I did a new set of plans using the same hull that had 3 half decks.The front of the bridge was about 5'.

Which book had the correct deckplans? The Mission class only appeared in The Adventure Book, The Outcast, Margin of Profit and The Orion Ruse. The last does not have any deckplans, and I don't currently have access to The AdventureBook. The other two both show three identically-sized decks. In my experience, the only FASA deckplans that correctly fit into the hull envelope were the Tavares. FASA stank at deckplans.

Heres an early Christmas present especially for those who have read the Vanguard series of novels
    Attached Files Attached Files

I look at the stats for the Archer class . They are very great. But you should have listed the vessel as being atmosphere capable.

Ah I have it under traits.

Wasn't there a ships of the line book for the federation for the TOS era that someone was kibbling together for construction and such? I've been looking for it to see if it was completed and have failed
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Which book had the correct deckplans? The Mission class only appeared in The Adventure Book, The Outcast, Margin of Profit and The Orion Ruse. The last does not have any deckplans, and I don't currently have access to The AdventureBook. The other two both show three identically-sized decks. In my experience, the only FASA deckplans that correctly fit into the hull envelope were the Tavares. FASA stank at deckplans.
    Yea FASA was bad at matching deckplans w/ drawnings. They were in the blue cover Adventure Book. Always hated the other plans.I think they had the original plans also printed in the 1st ed of the Merchant book; I'll check when I get home. The lower 2 levels still didn't fit the drawing.The deckplans match the stats listed but not the drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian View Post
    Wasn't there a ships of the line book for the federation for the TOS era that someone was kibbling together for construction and such? I've been looking for it to see if it was completed and have failed
    Have you tried Patrick Goodman's site ? There's a manual of old TOS era ships there (the author is Davy Jones) and I think it includes a lot of the FASA designs, statted out for CODA.