Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New (older) ships for Trek

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Owen, your deck plans were recently recommended to me by a friend who helps me do stats and house-rules for CODA and ICON. And your work is terrific !!

And you're right about FASA and deckplans. I wonder what Decipher would have done had they had the opportunity. Given the work that was put into their maps, for Lord of the Rings I can only imagine what they could have done for deckplans.

somaticon,
    Do I have your permission to convert your Archer class using Starships?
    And posting them?

The only reason I don't use the starships book is due to not owning the book. I have no problem with anybody using or modifying anything that I post. We're a community and that's why I post here.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

STARFLEET ARCHER CLASS
    scout; commissioned: 2254 (refit 2256)

HULL DATA
    structure: 15
    size/decks: 3/2
    L/B/H: 50/20/18
    complement: 18

TACTICAL DATA
    phase cannon: PC-30 (x2/B)
    penetration: 3/3/2/0/0
    (phasers: Type IV (x2/B))
    (penetration: 3/3/2/0/0)
    deflector shields: PFF-2a (B)
    protection/threshold: 13/3

PROPULSION DATA
    impulse system: SBE (0.5c) (D)
    warp system: PB-8 (4/5/6) (C)

OPERATIONAL DATA
    atmosphere capable: yes
    cargo units: 40
    life support: Class 3 (D)
    operations system: Class 3 (D)
    sensor system: Class 2 (+2/+1/0/0/0) (C)
    tractor beams: 1 fv, 1 aft
    transporters: 1 standard, 1 emergency, 1 cargo

MISCELLANEOUS DATA
    maneuver modifiers: +2 C, +0 H, +2 T
    traits: Enhanced System (sensors) (+2 test results for sensor use), Harden System (deflector shields) (ignore the first point of damage applied to the system),
    Nimble (+2 bonus to all helm maneuver tests).

HISTORY
    The Archer class scout ships are a small fast vessel. Whilst they are are armed they tend to rely on speed to keep them out of harm's way. They have impressive sensors and warp capabilities however crew accomodation would be best described as spartan. Indeed the conditions on board mean that the 18 crew have little or no privacy. Of the crew of 18, only the captain and the first officer have their own quarters. The remainder of the crew shares 4 single-bed compartments by "hot bunking". The ship is also to small to have a turbolift system, instead crew rely on ladders to travel between decks. The class was named for the famous 22nd century explorer and the fourth President of the United Federation of Planets, Jonathan Archer of United Earth and the United Federation of Planets.

NOTABLE VESSELS
    USS Archer
    USS Sagittarius
    USS Bowman

Archer class first appears in the Vanguard novels based on the Paris class by Masao Okazki.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Quote Originally Posted by somaticon View Post
    The only reason I don't use the starships book is due to not owning the book. I have no problem with anybody using or modifying anything that I post. We're a community and that's why I post here.
    Ohhhh... you can get a copy for $6. I don't know if plugging a site that sells the books is within the forum rules, but if not admin can remove the link -

Decipher Starships book, at Hill's Games

I've bought lots of books from them, and I haven't ever had any trouble with the company. And $6 is a pretty good price for such a valuable volume !

I'm hoping to get a copy in day or 2
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I now own all the books that Decipher released now so I'll probably get some more ships up at some point . I'm also planning to write up one of our campaign scenarios that I did for holloween.

Heres a new ship which I designed for one of our games.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Heres another Enterprise era starship
    Attached Files Attached Files

Love the Oracle and Emmett classes. Congradulations on getting all the books.
    Did you by chance get KillerWhale's ESO?

The Mission is part of the "In the Presence of My Enemies" in the blue Adventure Book, & pg 23 of the 1st ed "Trader Captains & Merchant Princes". I found a pdf online of the scenerio but I don't remember the address.The quality was poor & the "screen" with the ship's info is unreadable,but the plans are good.

Yeah I've had a copy for a while now but have only just started using it

Yea I've got 2 copies of the adventure book. One that is in mint condition & my copy from my 1st set,that is well worn(w/notes on most of the pages )

WarriorKnight I think I know the scenario book that your talking about. I found the printed version very hard to read (poor print quality) which was unusual especially compared to the overall quality of FASA's material.

The scenario calls for the Mission Class to be taken aboard both a D-7 & a Connie, but its a very close fit into the shuttle bay of the Connie & it won't fit into the bay on the D-7 at all. When I ran it I used a standard Star Fleet shuttle instead.I've gotten a lot of use out of the book,running the all 3 scenarios for 4 or 5 groups(with slight changes to through off my old timers ). Would love to get my groups to give CODA a try,but they don't like to change(except for one player who played COD Trek at Origins one year.).