Thread: Good Graduation Exercise?

Good Graduation Exercise?

Are there any canned adventures out there that make good graduation exercises for a group of players finishing off their time at Starfleet Academy? I'm thinking something that would make a good Kobiyashi Maru-type scenario. Obviously it would have to be more involved than the actual Kobiyashi Maru. A "Holodeck adventure" kind of thing. Something that would allow each of the characters to show what they're made of. The characters will represent the usual spread of bridge positions (flight officer, science officer, ops officer, medical officer etc). We'll be using the CODA system, but I'll take an adventure from any system and adapt it if need be.

When is the time period of your campaign? Maybe you could tie in a canonical event with graduation.

I have a late 23rd century campaign that, like all my Trek campaigns, started with an Academy mini-series to give everyone a taste of the rules without blowing up the ship. V'ger came a-knockin' (ST:TMP) during the senior year, which allowed for some danger in the otherwise simulated threat Academy experience.
    Crimson Hand Gamers...why have your own site when there's Facebook?

They'll be graduating in 2368 (season 5 of TNG, which means that they will be there for the events of the episode First Duty and I may connect them tangentially to the events in it). The full sweep of the campaign will take them through the end of the Dominion War.

Anyone have any adventures to recommend?

The "sticky" thread called "Series Seeds" on this Narrator's Ready Room board has a ton of ideas. Perhaps it would be helpful to you.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Thanks! I'll check it out.

I was asking specifically about published adventures (FASA system, ICON CODA, whatever). I probably should have made that clearer in my initial post.

Have you tried RPG Archieve? With a handful of Trek adventures, and hudreds of other easily converted to Trek it was a great resource back in the day.

I don't frequent it much these days, but it looks like all the Trek adventures are still there. The Dave Biggins adventures were always a hit.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Most of those adventures are also on Memory:ICON.