• Season 3

1 4.17%
  • Season 4

22 91.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strongest Season of (Star Trek) Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by Thakowsaizmu View Post
    See, I don't believe that. If the show had done what it promised from the get go and fans were overwhelmingly into it, I doubt it would've been cancelled, because it would've been a stupid move to do so. But the show was m'eh from the get go and didn't get strong until it was time for it to be cancelled.
    UPN was the death knell of Star Trek on television. Someone put together an outstanding chart which tracked Star Trek's ratings from TNG - ENT. From Season 5 of TNG there is a steady decline in Trek's ratings from year to year. But with the beginning of VOY the numbers begin to drop drastically and don't steady themselves until Season 3 of ENT, but by then it was too late.

Paramount had originally slated Voyager to be the flagship of the new network, but it was clear early on that UPN was struggling to find an identity. UPN originally tried to cater to a younger demographic with shows like Platypus Man, Nowhere Man, The Sentinel and Moesha. However, virtually all of these shows struggled and the network floundered.

It didn't help matters that UPN was unavailable in a number of major markets. AT its launch on 85% of TV viewers could even get UPN via a local affiliate. Over the years this number sunk to about 81%. UPN continued to try to find a "voice" introducing WWE programming and later turning to "urban" programming.

Enterprise never stood a chance and Star Trek would have been better served continuing in syndication rather than moving to a so-called network.

Yancy
    In the... jingle.... jangle mornin'.... I'll come following you....

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I voted for Season 3 because I've seen some of it and none of Season 4 yet. Every time I try to catch the show on Sci-fi, it is in the first season.