• Season 3

1 4.17%
  • Season 4

22 91.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strongest Season of (Star Trek) Enterprise

Strongest Season of (Star Trek) Enterprise

I have yet to finish Season 4 but I have been surprised by ENT time and again after giving it finally a chance. I expect season 3 and the Xindi arc to win the poll, but I have to say, that that is actually my least favorite series of the show. Season 4 so far had some very great stories that felt like Star Trek and seemed to fit into the whole thing nicely.

So, what do you think and why?

I was a lot like you, Cut. I started watching it when it first came out, and judged it too harshly on some crappy episodes early on. Considering the garbage that made up much of seasons 1 & 2 of TNG, I really had no right to do that!!

Anyway, years later, my wife started watching a few on the Sci-Fi Channel and said "You know, this isn't half-bad."

I started watching it again, a little more open-minded, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm with you, though - I think the Xindi arc will get a lot of adherents, and while I didn't dislike season 3, I too thought 4 was the best. Lots of "mini-arcs", with cool background on the Klingons, the Vulcans, the founding of the Federation and Earth's role in it, the Romulans - all trez Trek.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Nobody liked the Xindi.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Nothing against the Xindi arc; I rather enjoyed it, in fact, and jumped the gun on voting (didn't pay attention to it being multiple choice, or I would have voted both 3 and 4). But Season 4 just blows it all away.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Nobody liked the Xindi.
    I liked the Xindi - I just preferred the multi-mini-arcs of S4.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

I think there where some outstanding episodes in seasons 1 and 2.
    "Civilization" and "Carbon Creek" come to my mind at once.

I liked the easy going, very friendly appraoch of Archer toward his crew members.

Overall I hope to see more of the Andorians and Romulans, which became true in Season 4. I think I read somewhere, that in a outline for apossible fifth season more Romulan involvement would have been possible and it would have seen Shran being included in the main cast. Real shame that ENT got canned when it did

I liked season 2 I also liked some to the story arcs in season 4 including the plausible Klingon ridge solution.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I say season four, though I would've liked to see season five. It probably wouldn't've been cancelled if not for season three. I didn't like the Xindi. I was thinking 'who the hell are these guys? Where're the Klingons and Romulans?' When that first happened. And though there were some episodes during that arc that weren't bad, the whole thing was just not good. Why make up a bunch of new bad guys that no one has ever heard about before when there are a tonne of existing bad guys that could've fit the bill just fine? Ah well.
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

Season 4, being the 'swan song' season, followed the little known trek tradition of "wish fulfilment"; the last season of the modern shows seem to be aimed at giving the fans what they want. So 4 gave us the MU, with Gorn and Tholians; bigger parts for the Andorians and Romulans; augments; the Ridge solution; and a bad NG tie in.
    Hell, I would still watch a series set in the Enterprise MU!

I did like the Xindi, both the overall arch and the species concept. And it was good to see the "cost of war" that you saw in the 3rd season: Archer and crew went to dark places on what was a last ditch effort to save Earth; you don't cross moral lines and then have an episode about Porthos.

At least enterprise is one of the tv show that end with some sort of real end...Not an end that let you with questions, or an end that's is ridiculous...

The end of enterprise is the beginning of something else...another story...and that's i really liked in this show

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Season 4, being the 'swan song' season, followed the little known trek tradition of "wish fulfilment"; the last season of the modern shows seem to be aimed at giving the fans what they want. So 4 gave us the MU, with Gorn and Tholians; bigger parts for the Andorians and Romulans; augments; the Ridge solution; and a bad NG tie in.
    Hell, I would still watch a series set in the Enterprise MU!

I did like the Xindi, both the overall arch and the species concept. And it was good to see the "cost of war" that you saw in the 3rd season: Archer and crew went to dark places on what was a last ditch effort to save Earth; you don't cross moral lines and then have an episode about Porthos.
    Maybe if they'd given the fans what they wanted from the get go, they wouldn't have been cancelled...
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

No. They were scheduled for cancellation anyway. The series just didn't fit the "new" direction the network was heading in. Nothing could have saved it. It was a victim of network politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    No. They were scheduled for cancellation anyway. The series just didn't fit the "new" direction the network was heading in. Nothing could have saved it. It was a victim of network politics.
    See, I don't believe that. If the show had done what it promised from the get go and fans were overwhelmingly into it, I doubt it would've been cancelled, because it would've been a stupid move to do so. But the show was m'eh from the get go and didn't get strong until it was time for it to be cancelled.
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!

The show was moved from slot to slot usually to make room for more 'reality based shows'. The major problem though was the time slot being pushed further and further back. The cast only found out the show was being cancelled during the filming of the mirror episodes.
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

I enjoyed the Xindi arc quite a bit, but season 4 definitely edges it out.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.