Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rigelians for Coda

There's also Snead's material from Sky Princes of Orion. He wrote up a CODA version for it when he posted it on RPG.net:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=185614
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Memory Beta uses a lot of that info along with items from a book called Mindmeld I think. I'll sit down with my copy of worlds and see what I can do about this mess
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Rigel1
    Rigel2
    Rigel3
    Rigel4
    Rigel5
    Rigel6
    Rigel7
    Rigel?
    So far we have roughly five different rigelian species including the butterfly girls from Ent which worlds do you think each belongs to?
    Tractor beams are not designed for sling shotting Asteroids!! "What other use is there then?" T'Pak klingon/ vulcan hybrids response to fighting in an asteriod field.

Hmmm... so:

Turtle-Rigellians, which appeared in TMP
    Rigelians, which appeared in ENT.
    Rigelians, which are physiologically similar to Vulcans, and may be the same as above.
    One of those have four or five genders.
    The "Kaylar" (which I'm not 100% convinced isn't a mishearing of 'Killer') of Rigel VII, which appeared in TOS.

Add the Orions to that, if you wish. There's nothing indicating (now) that the butterfly girls were Rigelians, especially considering the froggy looking dockmaster in the deleted scene was also referred to as Rigelian. Of course, we could read that to be merely a nationalistic designation, if that will smooth things over. The butterfly girls do have ridges that could be interpreted as Vulcanoid, though...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

There was going to be a line in Enterprise which identified them as such however it got cut before filming began.

I'd be willing to break it down into the following;
    Turtle Rigelians
    Vulcan Rigelians
    Enterprise Rigelians
    Butterfly Rigelians
    Kaylar
    The big savage Rigelians from the original pilot (as mentioned by Pike)
    Miners from Mudd's women
    Orions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by somaticon View Post
    I'll sit down with my copy of worlds and see what I can do about this mess
    *grabs some popcorn* This oughta be good.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

*returns from reading Worlds* sits in a corner rocking back and forth gibbering

And that's one of the better reconciliations of all things Rigelian in Star Trek that I've seen in recent memory. See why I fetched the popcorn?

salted or sweet? still I'm amazed by the madness surrounding the whole thing gah!!

For something like this? Absolutely salt and butter for something like this....

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I did a write-up using the worlds stuff and some info form various novels (and some help form Memory Beta). I sent it to Mr. Goodman, who probably has butter-stains on it now from all that popcorn !

Um... Butterfly Girls ? Ok, I'll admit to missing a fair share of ENT eps since the scheduling was erratic at best in my neck of the woods. I could easily add them into my piece. Could someone point me to a bit of info and possibly a pic ?

The ones I got in there:

Turteloids (Chelon / Chelarians)
    Kaylar
    Vulcanoids v 1 (the basic Vulcanoids from Worlds - I called them V'gelnians in my write-up, borrowing from FASA)
    Vulcanoids v 2 (with eyes spaced farther apart on their heads, from the novel The Best and the Brightest)
    Silver-skinned Rigellians from Rigel IV (from the Stargazer novel, Oblivion)
    Rigellian furries (aka Botas - ratlike Rigellian merchants from the TOS novel The Final Reflection)

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl View Post
    Could someone point me to a bit of info and possibly a pic ?
    Try Memory Alpha, and I just linked to a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory Alpha
    Both women were nearly identical, however, one was blue in color, the other pink. Their faces were white above the mouth, their hair matched their colorful skin tone. The dancers bodies were covered in silver-colored objects, though it is not clear if these were natural features or some kind of decoration. The yellow-skinned alien man claimed to know the dancers personally. (ENT: "Broken Bow")

For my part, I will be eventually posting some info on my take on them. Along with a tonne of other unnamed alien species.
    我的氣墊船充滿了鱔魚!